From clonazepam to diazepam switch

[Sa...]

Hello eveyone,

I have been taking benzos for 3 years now started with Ativan 0.5mg moved to xanax 2 to 3 mg a day 1 year Ago i started long life  benzo like clonazepam at 3mg a day to taper.

Tapered with the clonazepam for a month then switched to bromazepam. I quit for 2 month then had anger and mood issues.

Now i switched from clonazepam 1mg  tapering with valium at 10Mg taking 2.5 every 4 or 6 hours but im not feeling stable and need help.

• 2 weeks later...

My personal advice is to look at professor Ashton's manual at benzo.co.uk.

I believe 10mg diazepam is only .25-.5 of Clonazepam, so you essentially just cut your dose by half. I'd either try to taper the Clonazepam to .5mg before switching, or taking more valium, because the equivalency definitely isn't there.

I just checked, and .5mg Clonazepam is 10mg valium equivelant. To switch directly, you'd need probably 20mg valium a day seemingly, which is why I'd recommend going a little lower. Break it smaller than the lines of your pills if you need, or as others have said, liquid taper a little lower would be my recommendation. But yes, you cut your dose by a lot without realizing. I made the same mistake in the beginning.