How Many Days After Cut is the Worst?

[Ji...]

Just wondering what your experience is after making a cut.

For me, it seems to be the 3rd and 4th day after cutting that is the hardest and after 6 days I fell pretty normal. ;D

For me it was also the 3rd and 4th day. That's why I always made the cut on Thursday to have the weekend as the peak of my symptoms.

pianogirl

Hi pianogirl.  I was wondering your experience trying to come off of clonazepam & why you were unable?  Was valium as effective for you?  Thanks!

Hi pianogirl.  I was wondering your experience trying to come off of clonazepam & why you were unable?  Was valium as effective for you?  Thanks!

Clonazepam is very strong so any attempt I made to cut even small amounts was impossible for me. Of course you have to remember I hadn't found this forum or the Ashton Manual at that time, I just knew the drug was making me sick. I also spent virtually no time on computers. Finally I ventured onto the internet and found the Ashton Manual. 

I found a doctor willing to help me with my taper and did cross over roughly to valium.

At first the sedation was difficult to deal with but my body adjusted. I was able to taper from valium, I was never symptom free but at least I was headed in the right direction, to get off benzos.

I hope this helps.

PG  :smitten:

For me it was also the 3rd and 4th day. That's why I always made the cut on Thursday to have the weekend as the peak of my symptoms.

pianogirl

ha, this is my 4th day and the worst :)

Good idea, I'll make future cuts on a Sunday as Sunday is my busy day at work!

pianogirl

ha, this is my 4th day and the worst :)

Good idea, I'll make future cuts on a Sunday as Sunday is my busy day at work!

That sounds like a reasonable plan.

Usually day 4 or 5 is worse.  By 2 weeks I’m good.  Last cut though, by day 2 I was not good.  My symptoms overall have been very manageable.  Except this last cut.  I’m at much lower doses now.  I’m going to cut way less amounts. 

I usually peaked between day 5-7, and started to stabilize by day 10. Coming off completely has been a different story.

I think you can judge it by half-life. I'm tapering with a benzo that has 124 hour half-life, approximately. That means I won't know how bad I'll be until day 14. It's pretty lame because it can be brutal and not knowing how one reacts at such a late time causes all sorts of problems. The withdrawals will begin, however, after day three and progress onward, peaking at day 14.