Lorazepam to Diazepam not going great so far :(

[Wo...]

Good afternoon. I started on 3mg lorazepam 3x daily and have pretty much stuck to the Ashton manual in regards to crossing over to diazepam and am only 2 steps away to being fully on diazepam and lorazepam free. It's not going great. I've sunk into a lethargic, depressive, what's the point in being here frame of mind. Which seems to worsen with every new substitute.

Probably a silly question, especially as I'm only 2 steps away from being wholly on the diazepam cross over but does anyone know if any people have ever resorted to going back onto the original benzo at this stage and working their way down from there. Or should I stick to it now I've come this far.

Thanks in advance for any response xx

I crossed over from lorazepam to Valium. It did feel fairly crappy for the first few weeks. I think Valium is far easier to cut and I think as you start to get to smaller doses you may be grateful that you’ll be able to taper by a minimal amount for less discomfort. Those lorazapam tablets are impossible to cut accurately and it always ends up being a huge chunk compared to Valium.

I did get used to Valium and it was fine. Good luck.

I've heard the depression and sedation lifts once your body gets accustomed to it, I hope you'll be able to stick with it.  :thumbsup: