Prozac

[Be...]

Any advice on Prozac for depression. The depression has hit so bad and I'm currently thinking of trying an antidepressant.I am weighing between prozac and amitriptyline(elavil).

I took Prozac for a time, but I was on Lexepro when I was recovering from Klonopin withdrawal, I didn't have any issues with either one of them.  Antidepressants can be very helpful for combating depression during withdrawal but it can be rough starting on them because of possible side effects and the length of time it takes for them to build up in your system. 

I'm sorry it's dark for you right now, Ambien made me feel that way too and it was pretty scary.

• 3 months later...
Tricky going on a new medication in recovery, we're hyper sensitive to so much during this process.  Please taper slowly if you do decide to come off of it.

Tricky going on a new medication in recovery, we're hyper sensitive to so much during this process.  Please taper slowly if you do decide to come off of it.

Pamster you mean I should remain at 20mg or just taper than increasing dose.

I'm not making recommendations for an increase or decrease, this is between you and your Dr.  My concern is if and or when you decide to come off of whatever dose you're on, go slow, antidepressant withdrawal is a serious issue for many.

I'm not making recommendations for an increase or decrease, this is between you and your Dr.  My concern is if and or when you decide to come off of whatever dose you're on, go slow, antidepressant withdrawal is a serious issue for many.

Okay Pam will take heed on the advice. I am 4 months on prozac. They say I am supposed to take it for more 5 months.

Finding it really hard get any timeline fir AD withdrawal. Going through hell with mine, is it similar to benzo where average seems to be 18-24 months, I'm hoping not!