Off benzos for 2 months after flumazenil detox

[Ze...]

After being prescribed a 20 day .25mg a day Xanax prescription I became dependent. My doctor wouldn’t prescribe the drug anymore and I became ill. Didn’t even know what was happening to me. Doctors told me I was just stressed and wanted to prescribe Zoloft. I didn’t want to take Zoloft and was able to get .5mg Xanax from a friend. Took a pill when I started feeling anxious and physically ill for 3 month not knowing I was going thru interdose withdrawal When I didn’t take a pill for a day or two.. After 3 ER visits for numerous symptoms And being told I was fine by then doctors. I finally figured out after reading about Xanax on the internet that I was addicted. Tried to stop CT and nearly killed myself. I found a doctor in phoenix AZ who does a benzo detox using a low dose continuous sub cutaneous injection of Flumazenil. Took 9 days of being hooked up to this machine I carried around in small pack pack and I was benzo free. This doctor saved my life. I would not have survived had it not been for him. I have some minor PAWS but I am feeling 1000 times better and back working and living a normal life.

Congratulations on getting off benzos!  I'm glad Flumazenil worked for you.  I understand it doesn't work well for everyone and that it is very expensive.  Thank you for sharing your story.

After being prescribed a 20 day .25mg a day Xanax prescription I became dependent. My doctor wouldn’t prescribe the drug anymore and I became ill. Didn’t even know what was happening to me. Doctors told me I was just stressed and wanted to prescribe Zoloft. I didn’t want to take Zoloft and was able to get .5mg Xanax from a friend. Took a pill when I started feeling anxious and physically ill for 3 month not knowing I was going thru interdose withdrawal When I didn’t take a pill for a day or two.. After 3 ER visits for numerous symptoms And being told I was fine by then doctors. I finally figured out after reading about Xanax on the internet that I was addicted. Tried to stop CT and nearly killed myself. I found a doctor in phoenix AZ who does a benzo detox using a low dose continuous sub cutaneous injection of Flumazenil. Took 9 days of being hooked up to this machine I carried around in small pack pack and I was benzo free. This doctor saved my life. I would not have survived had it not been for him. I have some minor PAWS but I am feeling 1000 times better and back working and living a normal life.

Good thing you did not take the Zoloft since much of benzo W/D is caused by raised Serotonin levels. 

This is just one of the few chemical imbalances benzo W/D causes.

Glad your doing better. :angel:

Bird

Good thing you did not take the Zoloft since much of benzo W/D is caused by raised Serotonin levels. 

This is just one of the few chemical imbalances benzo W/D causes.

Glad your doing better. :angel:

Bird

Seriously?!? I'm taking Zoloft now … is this hindering my healing?? Can you tell me more?

Hi Restoration-

There are differing opinions on how an SSRI like Zoloft may or may not affect your withdrawal from benzos.  Some people do well with SSRIs and some don't. I would look into it for yourself and make a decision based on your own research.  Perhaps do a search on BB.

Brighterday

I guess I don't understand how Flumazenil works. Being a GABA receptor antagonist, I would imagine that it would make people sick. It would be nice if someone could explain how it works...

Would Flumazenil be of any use at all for someone who has been off the benzos for almost three months?

Thanks in advance.

I had the Flumazenil treatment too at the Coleman Institute in Richmond, VA, USA.

Flumazenil is the "antidote" for a Benzo overdose. 

Flumazenil (trademarked as Romazicon and Anexate) is a benzodiazepine antagonist, a type of drug that counteracts the effects of benzodiazepines. It does this by helping block the binding of benzodiazepine drugs to the GABA receptor. It can be given as an intravenous injection or a continuous intravenous infusion. Flumazenil is approved for use in both adults and in children.

Read more here:  https://www.verywellhealth.com/flumazenil-what-to-know-4174090