Wondering If I'm Going Too Fast

[Ta...]

Hello, Buddies!

I am currently on 0.5 mg clonazepam, tapering using milk titration.  I make it one dose at a time (personal preference) in 50 ml milk.  I have been tapering for about two months now, reducing at 1 ml per cut.  Currently at 45 ml, and doing okay, but wondering if 1 ml per cut is too fast (or too slow, or just about in the ballpark).  I realize there are variables to this (some people can go faster, some not) but wanted to get some input from others as to whether or not these seem like large cuts.

When I started the titration I did some calculating, that then seemed off to me.  Going on the standard 10% cut, I figured that my first cut should be 5 ml, but that seemed like too much.  So I started with just 1 ml.  I am actually doing a cut and hold with the titration, as opposed to daily microtaper. 

This is my second attempt at tapering off.  When I did my first milk titration I was already at a quarter pill and started the milk taper at 12.5 ml.  I was about halfway through it and doing well, and then reinstated to a higher dose (1 mg) due to a stressful situation.  I only took that dose for a few days and then dry cut tapered until I got to one 0.5 mg pill plus one quarter, then milk titrated the quarter pill (and took the other 0.5 mg in tablet form) until I was just at my original dose of 0.5 mg.  I then switched completely to liquid, taking the full dose in milk for about ten days, and then beginning the current taper. 

If I sound overly cautious, it's because I am!

Like all of us, I'd like to get off of this as soon as possible, and am just wondering if anyone thinks the 1 ml cuts (every two weeks or so) are too large?  I realize I'll need to slow it down once I get to around half of my original dosage.

I am using 10 ml syringes, and dosing at bedtime, once per day.

I know a lot of this is just paying attention to your own body, and I realize no one can tell me what to do (nor am I asking anyone to do so!) but just need some reassurance that I'm on the right track with this and haven't miscalculated percentages and cuts. 

Thanks so much for all the information given back when I was first titrating and with any input now!

Hope you are all doing well!

Tapering Off

Hello, Tapering Off.  If I’ve understood you correctly, here’s what I came up with using the calculator below:

.5mg -> .45mg = a 10% reduction over 2 months

.45mg -> .43mg = a 4.44% reduction over 1 month

.43mg -> .41mg = a 4.65% reduction over 1 month

Is the above in line with your calculations?

Percentage Change Calculator

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/percent-change-calculator.php

Hello, Libertas, and thank you for your response!

That is about what I was figuring, yes, but the whole mg to ml conversion has always been confusing to me, and I'm not particularly good at math.  I figured I would err on the side of caution, as 5 ml just seemed like a huge first cut, but perhaps it was correct.  The calculator link is very helpful, thank you!  I just wanted some reassurance that continuing the 1 ml liquid cut (until I get to lower doses) didn't strike anyone as too fast.  Maybe I can cut a little more at these higher doses.

Thank you so much for your response!  I hope you are doing well.

Tapering Off

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]