I wonder how many people go to prison because of benzos

[Ju...]

I was having a really bad day earlier, and getting really agitated and worked up, and everything sucked, like almost everything. It was really bad.

If I had been dealing with ignorant people out in society, things could have gotten worse than they were. It made me think, for the people that can't control themselves, I wonder how many of them went to prison for stupid things.

And I wonder how many people are sitting in prison right now going through benzo withdrawal and having to deal with all that at the same time and then get better and have some serious regrets. I'm sure it happens.

I was having a really bad day earlier, and getting really agitated and worked up, and everything sucked, like almost everything. It was really bad.

If I had been dealing with ignorant people out in society, things could have gotten worse than they were. It made me think, for the people that can't control themselves, I wonder how many of them went to prison for stupid things.

And I wonder how many people are sitting in prison right now going through benzo withdrawal and having to deal with all that at the same time and then get better and have some serious regrets. I'm sure it happens.

Justintime we seem to have very similar thoughts...

at least in a few posts here.

I was very close to going to jail and other bad stuff because of a toxic relationship.

This guy was pure trash but he had me "hooked" with sex and drugs. Me being from a very conservative family found this "attractive" and experimental. Being on the other side ,rebel, etc.. I had a fun time until the guy was psychologically manipulating me and making me feel horrible every single day. He started getting the worse out of me....at the point where I pulled a knife out of the kitchen drawer and threaten him with it if he didn't leave me alone and stopped abusing me in a verbal way.....

it was a very horrible experience but I had this .005 second of thought and clarity and said to myself "this m$#%$ wants me in jail" "if I kill him I will be in jail, my parents...what about them" and I threw the knife to the floor and got out of the apartment. (  I WAS VERY CLOSE TO DOING SOMETHING ELSE!!! )

He was an ABUSER.

long story short, he went to the police and told them HIS VERSION.

Luckily I got out of the mess because he was lying about me breaking into the house (which was a lie, because I had keys) So I proved it and he lost credibility.

I am talking about an incident in my country, Mexico. So laws (and the whole system) are a little bit different. Thank god I got out of that mess.....

They put me on benzos because of this relationship, but I also consumed them illegally before. (and other drugs) So....I don't know if this makes sense or if it's not related to your post.. But I felt like sharing it...

Much love

Blossom

Yes it makes sense. Lots of drugs make lots of people go to jail. So do toxic relationships. And when you combine the two, it's a bad thing.

I have been verbally and physically abused, I guess it seems to go hand-in-hand with relationships these days. People act like they love you and want to be by your side and all this other stuff and then all they do is argue with you and tell you what you do wrong and give you the look and tell you things suck and whatever else when they get bored, only to try to make it all up later.

And then whenever people start doing drugs on top of it, different kinds of emotions come out and it makes people purposely mess with each other and then huge fights break out. Both verbally and physically. Luckily I've never gotten into a physical altercation but I have been punched in the face. My ex went to jail one time because the neighbor called the cops on her. The police asked me if I wanted to press charges and I said no so she got let out the next day. But there was lots of broken dishes and food all over the place and lots of bad memories from it. Luckily I had self control or I might have punched her back, but I was raised differently.

But that made me think, maybe your ex wasn't a bad person, maybe it was just the drugs and they were on lots of drugs or drunk. That happens a lot, especially with alcoholics. Or maybe they were a bad person, it's hard to say.

Sometimes verbal abuse is worse than physical abuse. Things that take a psychological toll on you are just as bad, like benzo withdrawal. Or relationships. So now I don't have any relationships on purpose and I stick to myself and don't do drugs that cause me withdrawal anymore.

And I've had lots of close calls with the law just like you, especially when I was a teenager and in my early twenties, lots of weapons. I was a wild one. Lots of drugs and lots of fights. Luckily we did not have to sit in prison and think about these things. But I still have lots of regrets.

Yes it makes sense. Lots of drugs make lots of people go to jail. So do toxic relationships. And when you combine the two, it's a bad thing.

I have been verbally and physically abused, I guess it seems to go hand-in-hand with relationships these days. People act like they love you and want to be by your side and all this other stuff and then all they do is argue with you and tell you what you do wrong and give you the look and tell you things suck and whatever else when they get bored, only to try to make it all up later.

And then whenever people start doing drugs on top of it, different kinds of emotions come out and it makes people purposely mess with each other and then huge fights break out. Both verbally and physically. Luckily I've never gotten into a physical altercation but I have been punched in the face. My ex went to jail one time because the neighbor called the cops on her. The police asked me if I wanted to press charges and I said no so she got let out the next day. But there was lots of broken dishes and food all over the place and lots of bad memories from it. Luckily I had self control or I might have punched her back, but I was raised differently.

But that made me think, maybe your ex wasn't a bad person, maybe it was just the drugs and they were on lots of drugs or drunk. That happens a lot, especially with alcoholics. Or maybe they were a bad person, it's hard to say.

Sometimes verbal abuse is worse than physical abuse. Things that take a psychological toll on you are just as bad, like benzo withdrawal. Or relationships. So now I don't have any relationships on purpose and I stick to myself and don't do drugs that cause me withdrawal anymore.

And I've had lots of close calls with the law just like you, especially when I was a teenager and in my early twenties, lots of weapons. I was a wild one. Lots of drugs and lots of fights. Luckily we did not have to sit in prison and think about these things. But I still have lots of regrets, glad I didn't end up in jail...

Totally agree. It's best to stick to yourself right now, specially with all this benzo madness going on.

I also have a lot of regrets,  but I try not to think about it anymore and like you  I did a lot of stupid things in my 20's.

I used to do a lot of drugs, cocaine, marijuana and lsd were the drugs of choice.

I don't do them anymore and I'm trying to stay sober, due to my gastritis I cannot have more than 1 or 2 beers at most. So that is a perfect excuse for not drinking,  I really miss having a beer though.

Blossom

I hear that, I'm not going to go into drug talk on here because it's against the rules but let's just say if I didn't have stomach problems and there was no such thing as hangovers, you wouldn't be able to get me to stop drinking. But I don't do anything anymore, I just relax and stick to myself and I'm trying to make this withdrawal go away permanently so that I can get back to normal living and function. Teenage years and 20s shape us, and I did a whole lot of partying. So now I'm paying for it. It's also the doctor's fault though. They decided to prescribe for this long. So it's a combination of everything, me being stupid, doctors prescribing, taking them too long, taking too many, you name it, the list goes on. The important thing is we learn how to live a normal life that is healthy and makes us happy. And obviously to get through this withdrawal successfully. You can do it.

I hear that, I'm not going to go into drug talk on here because it's against the rules but let's just say if I didn't have stomach problems and there was no such thing as hangovers, you wouldn't be able to get me to stop drinking. But I don't do anything anymore, I just relax and stick to myself and I'm trying to make this withdrawal go away permanently so that I can get back to normal living and function. Teenage years and 20s shape us, and I did a whole lot of partying. So now I'm paying for it. It's also the doctor's fault though. They decided to prescribe for this long. So it's a combination of everything, me being stupid, doctors prescribing, taking them too long, taking too many, you name it, the list goes on. The important thing is we learn how to live a normal life that is healthy and makes us happy. And obviously to get through this withdrawal successfully. You can do it.

I think about that ALL THE TIME. it's everything together...combined. Bad recipe!!!

I blame the Dr for the time she prescribed me these...But I also blame myself for the heavy partying and other stuff. It's best not to regret anything but to be honest I stopped trusting people the way I used to, that includes Dr's and "friends" even real friends are not so real sometimes, if that makes sense, specially when it comes to benzo wd or health problems, I've been called hypochondriac from CLOSE FRIENDS (it was withdrawal symptoms so I wasn't make it them up) and got very upset, I thought I could get some support...

Also, I learned to say NO, even if that causes me to get weird looks, I get them anyway because I speak my mind most of the time (so who cares anymore?).

I also learned to accept me how I am...and not feel pity.

I hear you. I never used to regret anything until getting off the pills and then there was a whole lot of partying that I regretted. Not the having fun part, just the stuff that came along with it. And now I have to pick up all the pieces and start over. And yeah, usually family sticks with you until the end oh, and lots of the friends disappeared.