five months benzo free after 20 years on Ativan 1mg

[fr...]

Celebrating!  Still some issues with sleep but use a THC/CBD oil occasionally when I wake at 3 am which happens a lot. I am  retired so not as important to have a full nights sleep as it used to be. Had sleep issues for many years so I may be stuck with it. Glad to off the poison and all symptoms have resolved. The muscle pain was bad and I didn't connect it for a while. This board is such a god resource . No doctor could possibly know what there is to learn on here.I wish I had found it years ago as the help I got here led me to doing a liquid micro taper very slowly over a year and it wasn't too difficult compared to some. I only hope others here have the success I have had. I remember feeling quite excited about achieving this and I was up for the challenge. Its important to commend yourself for the journey you are on for your mental and physical wellbeing. Although no one may know how much you are struggling you know and you should feel proud of your courage and strength. If I could give any advice from my journey I would say Go Slow in your taper. You are tricking your brain into not feeling the decreases in the drug dose. Best Wishes to all .

Congratulations fridaygirl on 5 months!!! What a great milestone to celebrate!  :thumbsup:

Your positive attitude is an inspiration -  Thanks for sharing!

Wishing you much continued healing and improved sleep  :)

Brighterday

Congratulations on five months!  I hit three months. 

I still have muscle pain, but I can work through it.  At least I am not craving the Ativan anymore. 

Sleep was always an issue for me too.  Funny thing, due to covid, I mostly work from home and this has reduced my stress greatly.  Just knowing that I dont have to wake up, clean up, rush out the door and get in a car is doing wonders for my sleep. 

Benadryl has been my go to sleep aid.  But I really dont need it as much anymore and I find that I can now fall asleep most nights on my own.

Thanks for sharing your success story. 

Thank you Brighterday and RShack......I appreciate your good wishes and wish you continued healing.

Nice job! Congrats! Its hard work coming off a benzo after that many years. I was over 16yrs!

Stories like yours give those behind us HOPE, and hope for a better day(s) is what kept us going. I am benzo free from 4mg clonazepam for 14 months...keep us posted.

J

Hi fridaygirl,

You sound good, I'm glad to hear things are better for you, thank you for giving hope and support to those still suffering.

Pamster  :smitten: