Taking a 1/4 th of tapering dose in liquid to ease crossover symptoms

[Ma...]

Jim

In reading another post, you suggested only using 1/4th of 1 mg tapering dose as liquid to ease into this change. I’m very sick now from a crossover of manufacturers so I need to go slow. Would I prepare the full 1mg liquid and measure out a 4th.  (Seems scary) or weigh 1/4th of tablet and mix with 1/4th liquid? I’m going to use whole milk.

Thank you for your response.

Hi Magnolis :hug:

Please help me to better understand where you are currently.  You are taking Valium after having done a crossover from Temazapam back in 2009. The quantity you are taking nowadays is 3.75 mg/day you updosed as from ? . As you are not stable yet, you will wait for some time and then wish to do a liquid taper with a combined solution+tablet to minimize the impact of an all-liquid solution. Correct?

The idea behind this mixed solution is the following. You want to taper 3.75 mg/day. Today you are taking that dose in tablets only. Let's say for exemple that each tablet in our case contains 5 mg of Diazepam (it could be 2 mg or 10 mg too). If we think that the smallest part of a tablet we can split with a tablet splitter is 1/4 and still having some accuracy, then the daily dose is calculated in a way to make you take the complete dose with max of tablet part. Only the remaining "cut" part is liquid.

By using these parameters for our exemple:

YQwL4no.png

We obtain a planning with daily dose. The blue figures are the liquid volume you draw up with a syringe and swallow. The 1/2 T means half of a tablet you will swallow together with the liquid in the syringe.

gnDBqEq.png

When the liquid part has been tapered off, a quarter of a tablet will be replaced by liquid (green becomes yellow in the pic). The remaining quarter is in tablet.

3Iu81Zm.png

When the liquid part has been tapered off. The last 1/4 will be only in liquid.

3eh0F0i.png

The end in liquid only.

MQjzTBu.png

If you want to play a bit on the planning, here it is. If doubts, please ask.

All the best Magnolis!

:smitten:

Is there a way to do this with the discard method? My brain can’t comprehend a new way right now .  I was thinking to weigh the 1 mg. Pill .  Get 1/4th weight and drop that in a solution of whole milk. But how much? If I’m doing 100mls per mg would I dilute it with 25 mls? Is there a way to do that.  I use the benzo.org spreadsheet.

Maybe it 1/4th of 2 mg or .5 mg (1/2 of a 1 mg. If rounded my dose to 4 mg.  So could your solution be .5 tablet in 50 mls of milk.

Is there a way to do this with the discard method? My brain can’t comprehend a new way right now . I was thinking to weigh the 1 mg. Pill .  Get 1/4th weight and drop that in a solution of whole milk. But how much? If I’m doing 100mls per mg would I dilute it with 25 mls? Is there a way to do that.  I use the benzo.org spreadsheet.

For my understanding, I need answers to a few questions. Let's say you managed to use 5ml of fatty milk to dissolve your 0.5mg of benzo, whether this 0.5mg came from splitting a 1mg tablet to 2 parts or splitting a 2mg tablet to 4 parts. The 5 ml solution is now ready to be used with the good benzo concentration of 0.1 mg/ml .

What do you do now with the solution? Are you reducing a small quantity out of it in each dose? How much do you swallow then for each dose?

So could your solution be .5 tablet in 50 mls of milk.

It could. It would provide 50 ml of milk solution with benzo concentration of 0.01 mg/ml. 10 times less concentrated than in the above example. The importance again is how you will be using this solution to achieve your goal.

With your answers, I'm sure we will sort it all out and you will be able to proceed with less doubts towards the end.

I appreciate your help so much. I would like to to do the second scenario of .5 mg in 50 mls of milk discarding 1 ml per day and drinking the remainder . So day 1 49mls I drink. Day 2 48 mls I drink.

I would like to to do the second scenario of .5 mg in 50 mls of milk discarding 1 ml per day and drinking the remainder . So day 1 49mls I drink. Day 2 48 mls I drink.

Keeping in mind that the general recommendations are to reduce between 5-10% every 10-14 days, by doing that way you are reducing about 3.75% every 14 days. It is a good slow reduction pace but why not?

What I like less in your approach is that you discard milk+benzo. You don't do that when you take cough syrup. You don't have to discard more and more. You just take less and less. In this way you can go on to draw up the dose you need day after day until the bottle ends.

But there is a point in your favor. Milk easily perishes and it is preferable that your solution does not last in the refrigerator for more days.

A last point, the component in the milk that dissolves benzo is the lipid part. Take care to use a fatty milk for your solution.

Wish you a smooth journey towards a full recovery!