Xanax jump

[De...]

I am currently dry cutting Xanax .25 mg tablets.  I am currently taking .375 mg a day. By my calculations, I can slowly taper down until I can cut one .25 tablet into 1/4 and at the smallest dose have a .0625 dose. My question is, can I jump off at that dose or do I need to find a way to make it even smaller? I’ve come a long way and I don’t want to mess this up at the end. Thanks for any advice you can offer. 😊

I think the answer to your question will be guided by how you're feeling as you continue your reductions.  Most gain a sense of how to proceed as they get lower, but for some it's less apparent so they have to make the decision based on other factors such, is the drug actually providing any therapeutic benefit at that point in time?  Or am I taking it more for psychological reasons because I'm afraid of jumping?

Most members seem to know when they've had enough, and I'm sure you will too.  If you still feel like you need to keep going when you reach .0625 you can crush and weigh your doses to go even lower. 

Hi Determined:)

From one fellow direct Xanax taperer to another, KUDOS TO YOU!!!:)..I am at 1.5 mg/day and lowering my doses as well by .25 and .125, depending on how I'm feeling..Usually every 10 days-2weeks..How long have u been tapering and may I inquire as to what u initial dose of X was?...

To chime in with Pamster...I agree with her opinion...jumping is prolly when u are mentally ready for it...:)..

Well done job!:):clap: :clap:

Lindy

Thank you both so much for the encouragement and for taking the time to reply to me.  My highest dose was only 1.5 mg, but I feel very dependent after almost 7 years. I made one big cut maybe a year ago from 1.5 to .75 in maybe 3 months. I held at .75 for a long while until this quarantine hit. I saw this as my opportunity to finish what I started considering I’m not having to work every day.  In the past month and a half, I’ve gone from .75 to .375. I tried to make my next cut today, but felt funny. I’m going to hold at .375 until I feel more stable to move on. It’s a marathon, not a sprint!  :)