Springtime

[ga...]

9 months out feeling greatly improved.

Don't care to keep the rest of my story here any longer. No longer checking this thread. Time to move on with my life. 

• Love 1

[f5...]

Way to go gardener99!  It is so nice to hear your have your life and joy back.  Your excellent post is just what I needed today.  It is so uplifting to hear from those who are now on the other side that it was worth the struggle!!  Bless you.

Kate.  :smitten:

Oh Gardie, this is so wonderful to hear!

I'm sure the pandemic has put a damper on your celebration but I know it can't put one on the euphoria you're feeling now.  And maybe the best way to celebrate is to putter around in that garden of yours, to bring it back to good health just as you've been brought back.

I'm so happy for you!  :smitten:

Pamster

Way to go gardener99!  It is so nice to hear your have your life and joy back.  Your excellent post is just what I needed today.  It is so uplifting to hear from those who are now on the other side that it was worth the struggle!!  Bless you.

Kate.  :smitten:

Look how far you've come, Kate. You will do it!! :thumbsup::smitten:

Oh Gardie, this is so wonderful to hear!

I'm sure the pandemic has put a damper on your celebration but I know it can't put one on the euphoria you're feeling now.  And maybe the best way to celebrate is to putter around in that garden of yours, to bring it back to good health just as you've been brought back.

I'm so happy for you!  :smitten:

Pamster

Thanks, Pamster.  :hug: That is exactly what I'm doing! Just as I did my taper, one little bit at a time. But this is so much more fun! :smitten:

[glow=red,2,300]"Congratulations Gardie"[/glow] Oh how the time flies, but now here you are writing your "Success Story" and you can feel your progress forward, you will have Peace now and it is overdue for you, but like your Garden will grow, so will you. I am so proud to have walked with you during your Journey Off. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

"Dreams can come true, but there is a secret. They're realized through the magic of persistence, determination, commitment, passion, practice, focus and hard work. They happen a step at a time, manifested over years, not weeks".~Elbert Hubbard

Gardie!!!!

It's been a long haul for you but you did it!

Just as your garden will bloom, so will you, as a healthy benzo free woman. You deserve this!

PG  :smitten: :smitten:

Gardie , I am so happy for you.  You are an amazing woman, and you have helped so many people as

you went through your own taper, and still do.  You are also funny and kind and I love being your friend.  Mary 💜💜💜

Thank you, ladies, for your encouraging words. I would not have made it to where I am without wonderful buddies like you! :smitten:

Gardener, i sent a message when i got that shit last year. You know my story is a little different from others here. I quit 3 drugs in hospital after using them 2 weeks(none benzos) and i put myself on remeron to cope with anx. and sleep probs. Then started this strange journey. I had anx(my only big problem) in this all process and now it is crippling sometimes. But good news, some good moments started to come. Last month one week relief, last week 4&5 days relief. Why i write this message to you, you are already on medication and disbelief of being on medication is an obstable is sucking me. Dave, who is one of the most courageous people here, is a source of inspiration and he supports me in all the ways he can do, but brutal anx. waves (with panicky feelings in these days) make the process harder. When a hard wave comes, it is too hard to push it other day, even other hour. I hope you lived this process as if it is worsening, but you somehow survived. I am also checking in SA and here and mind the suggestions like that holding while in sx etc. Celebrating you for doing well. I hope everyone will do it one day...

Congratulations Gardie  :thumbsup: I'm very happy for you!!!  Yes, acceptance and hope are sooo important to help move through all this.  I hope you keep feeling better and better and, are back in the swing of things very soon  :)

Congratulations Gardie  :thumbsup: I'm very happy for you!!!  Yes, acceptance and hope are sooo important to help move through all this.  I hope you keep feeling better and better and, are back in the swing of things very soon  :)

You, too, Burnedout! :smitten:

Congratulations!!  A wonderful accomplishment.  No one can really understand how difficult it is unless they have gone through it themselves.  I'm nearly done and just starting a long hold, my last one.  When this hold is over I'll finish the rest of it off.

I cannot praise you highly enough to seeing it through.  You have your life back.  Ginger

Congratulations!!  A wonderful accomplishment.  No one can really understand how difficult it is unless they have gone through it themselves.  I'm nearly done and just starting a long hold, my last one.  When this hold is over I'll finish the rest of it off.

I cannot praise you highly enough to seeing it through.  You have your life back.  Ginger

Wow, Gingermint, look how far you've come and how close you are! Bravo to you, too, for staying the course. I know you will make it! :smitten:

Hi Gardener

I love your success story.  I’ll get there, too.  Slower than planned, but still progress.  Enjoy the garden. 

Hi Gardener

I love your success story.  I’ll get there, too.  Slower than planned, but still progress.  Enjoy the garden.

Thanks! And, yes, you will get there, too! :smitten:

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!  :thumbsup:

Since English isn't my native language, I don't understand everything. Have you stopped Gabapentin and Benzo at the same time? It must be tough, because Gabapentin is as awful as Benzo. You're so strong!

:smitten:

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!  :thumbsup:

Since English isn't my native language, I don't understand everything. Have you stopped Gabapentin and Benzo at the same time? It must be tough, because Gabapentin is as awful as Benzo. You're so strong!

:smitten:

Thank you. I finished my benzo taper first. I waited a few months. Then I tapered half of my gabapentin. The gabapentin taper was easier than the benzo taper.

I am very low on gabapentin now. I decided the Seroquel taper was more important to me, so I switched to tapering the Seroquel.

Both the Seroquel and the gabapentin tapers have been easier than the benzo for me. I have symptoms but they are not as bad.

We are all strong! :smitten:

It's very good that you have lowered the dose of Gabapentin. But it's a GABA analogue, and can make Benzo withdrawal easier. Here in Sweden they don't recommend Gabapentin because of this. But you may already know that.  :)

It's very good that you have lowered the dose of Gabapentin. But it's a GABA analogue, and can make Benzo withdrawal easier. Here in Sweden they don't recommend Gabapentin because of this. But you may already know that.  :)

Yes. I took it for autoimmune nerve pain and Restless Leg Syndrome. However, I became tolerant to it. My neurologist wanted to up my dose. She admitted that I would become tolerant to that dose, too, so that was a dead end street. I chose to taper off of it. I don't suggest anyone take gabapentin to ease withdrawal because they will become tolerant to it eventually, and it won't help any more. Then they will have another drug to taper off of. :(

• 1 month later...
Wow, Gardener, congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear you made it through and are doing great! Best wishes to you on enjoying your life!!!

Wow, Gardener, congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear you made it through and are doing great! Best wishes to you on enjoying your life!!!

Thanks, Laura. How is your sister doing? I think from your signature that her akathisia is finally gone?

gardener99,

I'm very happy for your recovery and resilience through OUT. I am new to this space and I presume a long way to go. I am taking Bupropion, Divalproex, and quetiapine 25 mg for sleep. My first decision was to get off of Ativan. I did a c/o to Valium. I am currently at 7.5 mg and holding; for 8 months now.

I have been making cuts am not sure where to go with it next. I have a great relationship with my NP and we collaborate.

my s/x besides the requisite anxiety, bad memories of being poly-drugged... I have UNSTEADINESS in my legs and a slow back and fourth moving when I stand still. Otherwise, I can take walks (my muscles are stiff and hurt as well as bones).

I'm not sure what to do next or the method (my math skills were never good and my mind isn't the sharpest). I have been making cuts.

If you could let me know about your unsteadiness and improvements in s/x and how you are doing on the quetiapine?

This has been quite a ride to say the least and if you could offer some encouragement and thoughts that would be a blessing.

Hope you are doing well gardener99, HopeFull01