Author Topic: Springtime  (Read 8250 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Springtime
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2021, 03:43:10 pm »
Thanks for sharing. I also love gardening and just today went out and kinda reconnected to the nature. Time flies, I planted a soursop tree 7 years ago and just ate my first fruit! I'm 4 months off(I think). It's wonderful that I never think about Valium anymore, the withdrawals symptoms are nearly all gone, just a bit of insomnia now and again.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2021, 04:04:49 pm »
Thanks for sharing. I also love gardening and just today went out and kinda reconnected to the nature. Time flies, I planted a soursop tree 7 years ago and just ate my first fruit! I'm 4 months off(I think). It's wonderful that I never think about Valium anymore, the withdrawals symptoms are nearly all gone, just a bit of insomnia now and again.

I'm so glad to hear you are benzo-free and enjoying nature again. I'll bet that first fruit was wonderful. :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2022, 12:36:15 pm »
I looked around my yard and garden this spring and wondered why they were in such a sad state of neglect. Then I remembered. This time last year I was pushing to finish my benzo taper. I was mostly just surviving day to stay, sometimes moment to moment. I can't say I had a lot of hope, just a determination to get the drug out of my body and the "chemistry lab" out of my kitchen.

Here I am 9 months after my jump with the energy and interest to put things right in my garden and in my life. I still have some lingering symptoms, mostly anxiety related, but my life no longer revolves around coping with them. The phobias are all gone. My thinking is much more clear. My memory has improved. The deep, dark depression is gone. The flashbacks are gone. I have begun to reconnect to community and move on with my life. The pandemic has put that part of my recovery on pause, and that's hard. But when we get through this, and I know we will, I will pick up where I left off and get my life back.

For those of you still tapering, I thought this day would never come, but it has. And it will for you, too! Figure out a taper that works for you and stick with it. One day you will be posting your success story here, too! :thumbsup:

Progress Log

Easier Taper Support Group

edit: fixed link

I'll be so excited to garden again! :D

[Buddie]

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2022, 12:43:11 pm »
I looked around my yard and garden this spring and wondered why they were in such a sad state of neglect. Then I remembered. This time last year I was pushing to finish my benzo taper. I was mostly just surviving day to stay, sometimes moment to moment. I can't say I had a lot of hope, just a determination to get the drug out of my body and the "chemistry lab" out of my kitchen.

Here I am 9 months after my jump with the energy and interest to put things right in my garden and in my life. I still have some lingering symptoms, mostly anxiety related, but my life no longer revolves around coping with them. The phobias are all gone. My thinking is much more clear. My memory has improved. The deep, dark depression is gone. The flashbacks are gone. I have begun to reconnect to community and move on with my life. The pandemic has put that part of my recovery on pause, and that's hard. But when we get through this, and I know we will, I will pick up where I left off and get my life back.

For those of you still tapering, I thought this day would never come, but it has. And it will for you, too! Figure out a taper that works for you and stick with it. One day you will be posting your success story here, too! :thumbsup:

Progress Log

You will!  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2022, 01:07:53 pm »

Progress Log

Thanks! Are you planting anything new currently? :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2022, 03:19:26 pm »

Progress Log

Actually, I recently moved and there's no garden space here.:(  But I am looking into community garden plots. :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2022, 03:19:48 am »

Progress Log

Actually, I recently moved and there's no garden space here.:(  But I am looking into community garden plots. :)

Oh community spots are cool too! You'll hopefully meet some cool plant parents and grow awesome things in the community. Hope you find one soon!

[Buddie]

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2022, 10:50:21 am »

Progress Log

Oh community spots are cool too! You'll hopefully meet some cool plant parents and grow awesome things in the community. Hope you find one soon!

:thumbsup: :smitten: