Author Topic: Springtime  (Read 8253 times)

[Buddie]

Springtime
« on: May 03, 2020, 04:32:33 pm »
I looked around my yard and garden this spring and wondered why they were in such a sad state of neglect. Then I remembered. This time last year I was pushing to finish my benzo taper. I was mostly just surviving day to stay, sometimes moment to moment. I can't say I had a lot of hope, just a determination to get the drug out of my body and the "chemistry lab" out of my kitchen.

Here I am 9 months after my jump with the energy and interest to put things right in my garden and in my life. I still have some lingering symptoms, mostly anxiety related, but my life no longer revolves around coping with them. The phobias are all gone. My thinking is much more clear. My memory has improved. The deep, dark depression is gone. The flashbacks are gone. I have begun to reconnect to community and move on with my life. The pandemic has put that part of my recovery on pause, and that's hard. But when we get through this, and I know we will, I will pick up where I left off and get my life back.

For those of you still tapering, I thought this day would never come, but it has. And it will for you, too! Figure out a taper that works for you and stick with it. One day you will be posting your success story here, too! :thumbsup:

Progress Log

Easier Taper Support Group

edit: fixed link
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 01:11:05 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Springtime
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 04:54:32 pm »
Way to [...] [...]!  It is so nice to hear your have your life and joy back.  Your excellent post is just what I needed today.   It is so uplifting to hear from those who are now on the other side that it was worth the struggle!!  Bless you.

Kate.  :smitten:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 05:43:35 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 04:58:01 pm »
Oh [...], this is so wonderful to hear!

I'm sure the pandemic has put a damper on your celebration but I know it can't put one on the euphoria you're feeling now.  And maybe the best way to celebrate is to putter around in that garden of yours, to bring it back to good health just as you've been brought back.

I'm so happy for you!  :smitten:

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 05:48:27 pm »
Way to [...] [...]!  It is so nice to hear your have your life and joy back.  Your excellent post is just what I needed today.   It is so uplifting to hear from those who are now on the other side that it was worth the struggle!!  Bless you.

Kate.  :smitten:

Look how far you've come, Kate. You will do it!! :thumbsup: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 05:52:34 pm »
Oh [...], this is so wonderful to hear!

I'm sure the pandemic has put a damper on your celebration but I know it can't put one on the euphoria you're feeling now.  And maybe the best way to celebrate is to putter around in that garden of yours, to bring it back to good health just as you've been brought back.

I'm so happy for you!  :smitten:

[...]

Thanks, [...].  :hug: That is exactly what I'm doing! Just as I did my taper, one little bit at a time. But this is so much more fun! :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 08:31:13 pm »
"Congratulations [...]" Oh how the time flies, but now here you are writing your "Success Story" and you can feel your progress forward, you will have Peace now and it is overdue for you, but like your Garden will grow, so will you. I am so proud to have walked with you during your Journey Off. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

"Dreams can come true, but there is a secret. They're realized through the magic of persistence, determination, commitment, passion, practice, focus and hard work. They happen a step at a time, manifested over years, not weeks".~Elbert Hubbard

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 11:24:37 pm »
[...]!!!!

It's been a long haul for you but you did it!

Just as your garden will bloom, so will you, as a healthy benzo free woman. You deserve this!

[...]  :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2020, 11:57:19 pm »
[...] , I am so happy for you.  You are an amazing woman, and you have helped so many people as
you went through your own taper, and still do.  You are also funny and kind and I love being your friend.  [...] 💜💜💜

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 01:01:01 am »
Thank you, ladies, for your encouraging words. I would not have made it to where I am without wonderful buddies like you! :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 01:11:51 am »
I would like to add that when I started this taper I thought I would be off and better in 6 months. If you look at my signature or my p-log, you will see it took just a wee bit longer than that. ::)

I will not forget the sinking feeling I had when I realized how long a marathon this would be. And then I decided to learn to accept the journey and the pain and to live life one day at a time because I had to. I did not have that ability before, but I do now, and I'm grateful. :)