Advice greatly appreciated

[Al...]

Hey guys

Back on valium due to huge stressors at home with 3 kids doing degree and covid. Was on 15mg for one week 10mg for one week and 5mg for one week then got dreaded anxiety back halfway through the last week. So I'm back on 15mg until I level out again. Would it be wise to stay on 15mg for 2 weeks and drop to 10mg and the follow the ashton taper which worked for me in the past. Please respond as I am overthinking and only 1 day back on the 15mg. I have 6 essays to write instead of exams due to covid and just need a little reassurance. Thanks

Hi Alleycat1511,

I've been reading through your posts, it looks like this is your third time attempting to withdraw from the Valium?  Have you been benzo free between 2016-2018 and 2020?  I'm just trying to establish how long you've been on the Valium this last time?

Something I feel you should be aware of is, repeated starting and stopping of benzo's can lead to different outcomes each time you do this.  For many, the body seems to remember the previous trauma and what was once a relatively easy process getting off of the drug can become more difficult. For this reason, I feel it's important for you to do this slowly in case you fall into this category.

Could you perhaps make your reductions smaller so you can avoid the anxiety you get by going down too quickly?

Pamster

Hi thanks so mich for your reply. Yes I've been benzo free between those times. I will take your advice and go very slowly then. When I stabilise. Thanks again.