Head pressure and burning/tingling less when laying down for extended time

[un...]

Anyone else experience this?  In the morning the squeezing pressure is much less.  Soon after I get up on my feet, the squeezing, tingling, and burning kick in. 

I don't know why this is happening.  I don't have blood pressure issues.  What could explain this?  Is it possible I have a CFS leak and this symptom is not related to BWS like my other symptoms. 

Hi uncomfortablynumb1,

The head symptoms you describe are very common in withdrawal.  Chapter III of The Ashton Manual talks about symptoms and explains what's behind them.  You could also use the search box on the forum to find what others have said about it.

I've had ongoing issues with head pressure too  and feel it when I'm upright and walking.  I wonder if it's always there but I'm just more aware of it when I'm upright and moving around?

Of course it's possible it's unrelated to Benzo withdrawal and if you're really concerned about it you may get peace of mind by getting checked out.   

These symptoms are miserable to go through and I'm sorry you're dealing with it.

Wishing you much healing,

Brighterday

I agree. Very normal. Always keep in  mind that wd symptoms come from your brain. Because it is your brain, almost any sort of weird symptom can occur.

If you had a CFS leak you would NOT be able to write a logical post here.

This IS benzo wd.

1. Almost everyone thinks they have some dreadful disease, as this just cant be benzo wd. But it IS.

2.Almost everyone feels they will never heal. But they will.

3. Almost everyone thinks they are the worst case ever. But they arent.

4. Almost everyone thinks that their case is somehow different, which of course means they simply wont heal. But they WILL.

Benzo wd and SSRI wd can make you think these things. Please try to NOT believe those enormous lies. People heal from these drugs every single day. I think the problem is that no one warned us this could happen. So when it happens, we are shocked and  horrified. How could this BE? We were not told  this could happen! But it sure does, and a lot. Some lucky folks are able to go ct off benzos or ADs and have NO withdrawal symptoms. But a few will, and that is why BB exists.

All you have to do is continue on. Lean on BB when you need to. Ask questions here and elsewhere. Try to learn the basics of WHY benzo wd can be this awful. If you need hep finding that information, let me or Pamster know. You DO have friends here now.

east

• 4 weeks later...

Hi UN,

I have brain burning (and insomnia) also! It's weird because it could be burning but sometimes it instead feels like ice water running through my brain. But when I take my temperature I never have a fever. I chug ice water all day hoping that my brain can moisturize or something.

I also took remeron in addition to the benzos. I wonder if it's related.

Do you find anything that makes it better besides laying down for an extended period? Sometimes I think vitamin C helps but other times I'm not sure.

I know we can and will heal. I accept the brain burning and don't fear it anymore.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

One thing I've found that helps with the brain burning: do a kind of meditation. Take a deep breath in and say in your head, "breathe in healing air/energy" and imagine the cool air traveling through your nostrils to your brain. Then when you breathe out, say in your head, "releasing pain" and imagine the burning leaving your body.

I have this brain burning squeezing pressure too. Was very very severe for 4 years. Now I just call it bad headpain. I belive is all from benzo and remeron what I took after benzo. Plus I took CBD 4 months and hormones for 1.5 year. Everything made it worse for me.

Now after 18 months stoping everything, very very slowly I feel some improvement some morning.

Sleep and tinnitus a little better too.

With God help I will heal one day, the most important for me to stay away from high glutamates and histamine food and sugar. I never drink alcohol or coffee even before benzo so is not hard for me

You will get slowly better too I believe this with all my heart. Cold water always help for burning for me. Worth to try

Vica

I agree. Very normal. Always keep in  mind that wd symptoms come from your brain. Because it is your brain, almost any sort of weird symptom can occur.

If you had a CFS leak you would NOT be able to write a logical post here.

This IS benzo wd.

1. Almost everyone thinks they have some dreadful disease, as this just cant be benzo wd. But it IS.

2.Almost everyone feels they will never heal. But they will.

3. Almost everyone thinks they are the worst case ever. But they arent.

4. Almost everyone thinks that their case is somehow different, which of course means they simply wont heal. But they WILL.

Benzo wd and SSRI wd can make you think these things. Please try to NOT believe those enormous lies. People heal from these drugs every single day. I think the problem is that no one warned us this could happen. So when it happens, we are shocked and  horrified. How could this BE? We were not told  this could happen! But it sure does, and a lot. Some lucky folks are able to go ct off benzos or ADs and have NO withdrawal symptoms. But a few will, and that is why BB exists.

All you have to do is continue on. Lean on BB when you need to. Ask questions here and elsewhere. Try to learn the basics of WHY benzo wd can be this awful. If you need hep finding that information, let me or Pamster know. You DO have friends here now.

east

well written thank you I needed this

I have this brain burning squeezing pressure too. Was very very severe for 4 years. Now I just call it bad headpain. I belive is all from benzo and remeron what I took after benzo. Plus I took CBD 4 months and hormones for 1.5 year. Everything made it worse for me.

Now after 18 months stoping everything, very very slowly I feel some improvement some morning.

Sleep and tinnitus a little better too.

With God help I will heal one day, the most important for me to stay away from high glutamates and histamine food and sugar. I never drink alcohol or coffee even before benzo so is not hard for me

You will get slowly better too I believe this with all my heart. Cold water always help for burning for me. Worth to try

Vica

I'm so glad to hear it has lessened for you Vica!

:smitten: