Almost 10 years. I wanted to provide encouragement.

[Ma...]

Just a quick check-in with everyone.  I've not been around for a while. Probably 3 or so years since my last visit to the site. Life went on - but I thought of everyone here today after all that time.

You can search my prior posts and read about my horrifying experiences during withdrawal.  And how bonkers I was with finding answers to explain what was going on with me.

Anyway ... It's been just over 9 years and 4 months since my last use of prescribed Klonopin.  I've been benzo-free since December 2, 2010.  And what a wild ride the early months and years were!  But since that time, I've resumed my normal life.  Flights all over the planet again.  Travel for work.  Socializing with friends.  Restaurants.  Relationships.  All back to normal.

But gang ... Please do a few things if you are still having a hard time:

- Seek competent medical care for yourself where prudent and wise. Don't put yourself at risk.

- Treat yourself to the things that make you happy.

- Talk with others about your feelings.

- Don't obsess over things and for goodness sake don't believe everything you read online.

- Eat well and choose healthful foods that provide you with the nutrition you need.

- Healing isn't linear. It's ups and downs. It's a journey. Support that journey any way you can.

- Take it easy and don't punish yourself.  Sometimes things are out of your control. Accept that.

You are the most important person.  You deserve good things and your health.  You just need to attend to the entire picture.  Humans are complex so don't go it alone but realize that everyone is different. Ask for help. Don't despair. Don't make unsafe decisions, please.

Before you know it, you'll be writing your own success story.

• Love 1

Thank you for coming back and encouraging us! We all need a bit of hope. Congrats on your healing and enjoy your life!!!  :smitten:

Matthew,

You were an important part of the forum, I'm so happy to hear you are doing well and have the best tools in place to stay that way.

Thank you for stopping back here and giving those still in the process some valuable information in terms of dealing with everything that withdrawal and recovery throws at you.

Be well, be safe,

Pianogirl  :smitten:

Hey MatthewOnline!

It's wonderful to hear you're doing so well, I'm happy for you.  Anytime you want to pop in and encourage others, you're most welcome.  :smitten:

Pamster

[0a...]

Matthew, bless you for coming here and giving us an update and encouragement.  You have done so well!!

Best to you in your benzo-free life,

Kate  :smitten:

• 1 month later...
Thanks for coming back here, Matthew.  I look every day for any kind of a success story, they give me some hope.

Hi Mathew

Thank you for coming back with an update, I know you had some awful experiences during withdrawal. its so wonderful to hear that you are doing well!   

Best wishes and stay safe

Magrita :smitten: