Adrenaline surges when falling asleep.

[me...]

Hey all,

I've been having what I assume are adrenaline surges right as I go from being awake to falling asleep. Prior to this my sleep is mostly good but this would periodically happen but this has been happening for a week straight. I cold turkeyed from 4-6 mg of etizolam about 16 months ago. Never had anxiety etc beforehand, could this still be withdrawals? Apnea? Any help or similar experience a ways out could help me feel a lot better and like I'm not going insane. Thanks!

Had this in early withdrawal, as far as I know this is quite common. It will balance out. It helped me to do some deep breathings in the last minutes before falling asleep in bed and to relax the body as much as I could. It was a weird symptom. Also sometimes I felt like I would fall. ... never had this again.

I hope it will be over soon, for you. Don't be afraid, its withdrawal nothing else (I think) :smitten:

Yes, it is most likely still WD related at 16 months out.  You CT'd off a high dose and "late" setbacks are somewhat common.  My sleep was mostly good as well for about 6-7 months, then at 18 months off I got hit with a 29 day insomnia only wave.  I had 4 zero nights and a bunch of 1, 2 and 3 hour nights.  It eventually evened out.  I am glad I did not know how long it was going to last when it started or I probably would have freaked out.  You'll get past this.

Weird. I've had mostly good sleep recently and a week of total garbage. Weird that the rush feeling hits right as I enter a sleep state. Happened a lot when I quit and really scared me. Still happens every once in a while.