After 7 years and 6.5mg Xanax I am free

[Bu...]

After 7 years of Xanax starting with 1 mg a day I reached my peak 2 years ago at 6.5 mg a day. ( 2mg 3X daily and .5mg before bed )

I worked over 2019 and Jan, Feb, March of 2020 to taper until I took my last Xanax 4 weeks ago today. It was hell and there were times I didn't think I could do this, but I stayed the course. With the help of my family I won and I can say I will never take another Xanax again. I still experience the withdrawl problems loss of some taste, loss of smell, iritability, allergies, ringing in my ears, stomach bloating, memory loss, headaches, startled easily, fish bowl brain, anxiety, and others it just depends on the day. I am hopeful that over time I can regain my memory and have my smell and taste restored. I was encouraged by other stories here and I hope if you are on this journey to rid yourself of this horrible and dangerous drug stay the course it is possible to reclaim your life. Peace be with you.

Hey Bucketlist44, congratulations on becoming benzo free!  You were on a pretty large dose and it looks like you did a good taper, I'm happy you're free and impressed with your attitude!  :thumbsup:

Congratulations on being benzo free! Those doses kept getting higher and higher didn't they?  You did it, you tapered off and I admire your determination to never take xanax again. Good healing to you.

pianogirl

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the post.  I am 21 months benzo free after a two year taper.  I am still pretty sick, but have hope for the future.