Sleep cycle is pushed back into the early morning

[Ma...]

Hi all!

I am back again just for some general sleep issue and mental anxiety support. I am still free of benzos (my timeline down the bottom is accurate), I will never take any of them again (couldn't even if I wanted to, my city is very strict with them).

So ever since the withdrawal and subsequent post withdrawal syndrome, my sleep cycle was pushed back very late, the only thing that helps it is when I HAVE to get up early for work. That's the only thing that beats it - but my shifts vary greatly from 4 a week to 1 a week.

So I end up going to sleep between 3-5am and getting up at around 1-2pm if I have nothing on in the day. I can easily sleep 10-12 hours. I don't think it's healthy so that is why I am here. I feel pretty weird when oversleeping but it happens anyway.

So here I am, the only thing I have in my arsenal is a few bottles of melatonin - which I haven't tried yet, I am not sure how to take them. So I am just after advice, has anyone ever gotten over poor sleeping habits like this? What helped you? How did you push it back into normal hours? Thanks in advance for any advice.

-MLC

I'm up til 5 or 6 many nights. It's a tough slog. The otc supplements I just gave up on.

A couple things: Try to eliminate screens of all kinds 2 hours before bed. Even Iphones. Get a practice of breathing deeply. I always hold my breath unconsciously.

I am thinking it's remeron, which I jumped off of in January, which is making this so problematic. .

Short-term (1 week or so) melatonin use can help reset your circadian rhythm?  It is worth a try.  Just a word of caution.  Most people take way too much melatonin (which is a hormone).  Your body produces about 0.3mg per night.  If you take too much it can have the opposite effect for some? 

Following..

-Nocturnal and “allergic” to day time (to the minute)...

I do know that for ME it has improved at the better times between my various tapers, -the clock slowly swung backwards...

I havnt fought it too much, nor tried anything specific med/sup wise... sorry..

-kinda just rolled with it as best I could..

-not just a benzo thing for me either..

This is a big problem for me. My sleep cycle is way off. I can't sleep until like 2-5am and wake up at 1pm. I also can't set my alarm for 8am as if I don't sleep enough I'm in sickening pain all day. So, I don't know how to fix this.

Also if I try to sleep too early (force myself to sleep early so I get up early), I get this electric feeling all over my body and I end up staying up even later.

It's 7am now and I'm electric and barely tired  :-\