Back for some mental anxiety support - free for 3 years and 6 months

[Ma...]

Hi all,

I have returned for some general mental anxiety support that I am experiencing. Going a bit nuts from the COVID19 lockdown.

Anyways, I am indeed 3 years and 6 months free of benzos. Maybe one day every two months I wish I had an emergency dose just in case - but then I realize that it isn't worth the risk. I am on Antenolol (beta blocker, low dose) and it stops the anxiety from getting chronic, so that'll do. My post withdrawal and protracted withdrawal issues are mainly healed now - except my sleep habits are still messed up to this day, I go to bed very late, roughly 3am and get up in the early afternoon (unless I have work), trying to work on that now.

Anyway - hope everyone is doing really well!

Regards,

MLC

I believe many people are having stress issues due to the COVID virus, even those never on benzos.  I've been recovered for a long time but I still use the tools I garnered to help with stress due to the pandemic. It's a surreal new world out there.

Thanks for checking in, and I'm glad you've stayed away from emergency doses, they may create a new kind of emergency.

pianogirl  :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...

Matt,

being free 3 years and 6 months IS success! Congrats for that. No anxiety on the earth can change that.

Well done!!

Marigold

• 2 weeks later...
Yes this COVID thing is an awful trigger for those of us recovering from benzos.  I try not to watch TV very often, just enough to know what is going on.  Now it is really springtime here in upstate New York and perhaps I will have a better outlook as the winter here was hard.