Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

ANYONE ELSE GET REVVED UP BY OLIVE OIL?

[no...]

I was using oil oil for year's and now I feel like absolute hell really quickly even if I  only use it topically  without ingesting it and if I  ingest  it  :D :D :D OMG!!!  :'(

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I was using oil oil for year's and now I feel like absolute hell really quickly even if I  only use it topically  without ingesting it and if I  ingest  it  :D :D :D OMG!!!  :'(

You mean when you heat it up or just when you use it like for a salad..

I've  found out why I'h having such a bad reaction I'm on Diazepam and Diazepam  ( Valium) shuts down the DAO enzyme that controls histamine break down  in the body, olive oil is  to be avoided as its a high in  histamine . Its also very high in Salicytes which I'm sensitive to, and was not aware of until now after reactions to other high salicyte foods over the year's, and histamines are rampant in withdrawal so olive oil was a double whammy for me  :(

The benzodiazepine valium blocks DAO and impacts histamine levelshttps://www.everywomanover29.com/blog/the-benzodiazepine-valium-blocks-dao-and-impacts-histamine-levels-wisdom-from-yasmina-ykelenstam/

The Oxalates & Salicylates Foods Lists ://www.pkdiet.com/pdf/oxalate%20lists.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

You mean when you heat it up or just when you use it like for a salad..

Sorry just saw this when I eat it on salad or drizzle it on food the worse was when I took it first thing in the morning for constipation as it worked well for that, OMG!! :D :D :D it was so bad , I was also using it for Anal fissures as it also worked for that but a few days after the morning episode, I put some on a cotton wool pad, applied and it started revving me up again  :'(

• 4 weeks later...

Could be the brand.

We buy Olive Oil made in ITALY at Sam's Club.  It's a glass bottle.  Change brands till you find one that doesn't bother you.