Paradoxaal reaction to Klonazepam

[om...]

My name is Ton live. In Thailand born in Holland 64 years old

Started clonazepam o.5  for panic attacks and insomnia December got  addicted in January  2 weeks later

From January on I reacted paradoxely to clonazepam  blurred vision anxiety akathesie insomnia  and so on moved up country in march and started dry tapering with scale 

Went down slowly but symptoms became even worse and anxiety all the time  intrusive thoughts about ..... And never stabelize

I heard that people who react paradoxely to clonazepam  can't taper  they always are in a bad position

If I go on.like this it will cost my life  as I am getting sicker and sicker  can't bare sound or light can't look at TV 

Can't go outside

What can I do now to save my life ct??my clonaze Pam after 4 weeks of tapering is now at 0.43 mg

If I  taper just 2 mg of pill weight  0.151 in 3 days I already have more symptoms especially suicidal  ideation

So I think I am very sensitive

Would CT bring me in a seizure  or could even worth

Wat are my other options

Please your advice

Ps no doctors or hospitals here I live in the bush

We never recommend a cold turkey, especially if you live up country and don't have access to good medical care.  You may be able to taper more rapidly but please understand this is the nature of this drug and this process.  Everything you are experiencing is common to us all and the only way out is through and continuing to taper is the way.

Have you read chapter 3 of  The Ashton Manual, it helped me understand that what I was feeling was normal.  What are you doing to distract yourself from your symptoms, this is one of the best tools we have for getting through this.  Can you use YouTube to find relaxation videos, do you have any family who can offer you support? 

You have power even though you feel powerless, use your power to more fully understand what you're going through and continue to taper off the drug because that freedom is worth the pain you're feeling now.

Sorry it is called paradoxal reaction to clonazepam  mostly encounters by elderly were I to belong

I had these symptoms from week 3 without tapering  so I can not stabelize and symptoms are 24 hours a day  so not common to all  only elderly who are paradoxal

Hi Ometon,

Do you have family or friend support with you? Especially with suicide ideation, it’s always good to have family or a friend to help you. Because it’s paradoxical, you should resolve to accept that it is going to be hard and painful, and get down as quickly as you can handle but not cold turkey.

Unfortunately I was having paradoxical reactions withing 2 months at .5 as well. Got so bad had to ct at 3 months and i am in terrible shape. I have been bed ridden for 10 weeks. It completely fried my brain.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I was having paradoxical reactions withing 2 months at .5 as well. Got so bad had to ct at 3 months and i am in terrible shape. I have been bed ridden for 10 weeks. It completely fried my brain.

Hi Casandra, how are you doing? I hope you are getting a bit of relief. It’s a tough journey, the electrical feeling and brain zaps are awful. I had them, the brain zaps are gone but I still have mild twitches in my brain and electrical feeling in my body and brain shakes and tremors, buzzing. It’s better but still there everyday. Hang in there, get through one day at a time...

Sorry it is called paradoxal reaction to clonazepam  mostly encounters by elderly were I to belong

I had these symptoms from week 3 without tapering  so I can not stabelize and symptoms are 24 hours a day  so not common to all  only elderly who are paradoxal

Not just elderly - but yes an increased risk in the elderly - I am "middle-aged" and have developed paradoxical reaction to Klonopin. I describe it as the drug turning on me.