My sleep pattern cycles around the clock

[gs...]

I've been dealing with a weird type of insomnia, if you can really call it that, since I started tapering.

Prior to benzo withdrawal and tapering I never had sleep problems. I had some nights where I felt restless but that's normal. I never dealt with insomnia and I never had complaints about my sleep.

Since I started tapering back in 2015 I have been having constant changes to my sleep patterns that are cyclical and I have noticed a pattern. The time at which I fall asleep gets pushed back by an hour every few days. This happens until I'm eventually up all night and sleeping during the day then a month later I'm back to sleeping at night and being awake during the day like normal.

Has anyone else dealt with this or is anyone currently dealing with this? I just jumped on Saturday and my fear is that this aspect of withdrawal will never heal. I'll never be able to live a normal life if my sleep pattern constantly changes.

It's pretty common to believe you will "never heal."  I thought that all the time. 

Since you never had sleep issues prior to Benzos, your sleep will return.  However, it will most likely be very UP and DOWN for some time. 

You may sleep OK some nights only to get nights of no perceived sleep. 

Your "sleep switch" is temporarily broken, but your body knows how to fix it. 

Many people on this forum had extreme forms of insomnia caused by Benzos and recovered.

I would only average 5-10 hours per week for months and I recovered.  I also had around 70 nights of zero (or no perceived sleep) over a 9-10 month period.

Hang in there, your sleep will eventually even out given enough time.

It's pretty common to believe you will "never heal."  I thought that all the time. 

Since you never had sleep issues prior to Benzos, your sleep will return.  However, it will most likely be very UP and DOWN for some time. 

You may sleep OK some nights only to get nights of no perceived sleep. 

Your "sleep switch" is temporarily broken, but your body knows how to fix it. 

Many people on this forum had extreme forms of insomnia caused by Benzos and recovered.

I would only average 5-10 hours per week for months and I recovered.  I also had around 70 nights of zero (or no perceived sleep) over a 9-10 month period.

Hang in there, your sleep will eventually even out given enough time.

Have you heard of people having the type of sleep pattern changes like I explained? I see most people complaining about insomnia but not like my sleep issue where I cycle around the clock.

You said you are still tapering so true healing and fixing your sleep patterns will not be able to happen until you are completely off the drug(s). 

I had this while on benzos and still have it now. I never contributed it to anything but it makes sense. I’m sure it’ll fix itself eventually and especially once you’re completely off.

I still have yet to taper and my sleep  does this  also last night i went to  bed at 930pm and woke up at 545 am tonight its now 114am and i am still awake  about once a month i have  a very very hard time falling asleep  like tonight

• 4 weeks later...

I've been dealing with a weird type of insomnia, if you can really call it that, since I started tapering.

Prior to benzo withdrawal and tapering I never had sleep problems. I had some nights where I felt restless but that's normal. I never dealt with insomnia and I never had complaints about my sleep.

Since I started tapering back in 2015 I have been having constant changes to my sleep patterns that are cyclical and I have noticed a pattern. The time at which I fall asleep gets pushed back by an hour every few days. This happens until I'm eventually up all night and sleeping during the day then a month later I'm back to sleeping at night and being awake during the day like normal.

Has anyone else dealt with this or is anyone currently dealing with this? I just jumped on Saturday and my fear is that this aspect of withdrawal will never heal. I'll never be able to live a normal life if my sleep pattern constantly changes.

I have that too. I am afraid of not healing myself anymore. have you stopped taking benzo?