When to Make the Final Jump? Valium

[Ji...]

I'd appreciate if members could say the dosage when they jumped from valium.

The last time I did a 5 year taper and jumped at 0.5 mg. On reflection, that taper was too slow, but necessary at the time due to lots of work, kids etc.

I'd like my taper from 20-30mg to take no longer than a year, which migh mean jumping from about 1 mg.

Any doctors here? Would it be life-threatening to jump from 2 mg, 5 mg ?

I'd like my taper from 20-30mg to take no longer than a year, which might mean jumping from about 1 mg.

No longer than a year? Sorry. I think that's unrealistic. Oh, you might do it, but I think you'd do better by letting your body and your s/x dictate your taper speed.

I tapered to zero. Not everyone needs to, but I think 2 mgs or 5 mgs would be worse than harsh.  Jumping from 1 mg? Sure, it's doable. I haven't seen anyone on here do it, but why not, if you aren't having debilitating s/x.

Good luck. 

Katz

[24...]
I'm not a dr. but even they (some) tell you to do it very gradually. I would follow the Ashton manual recommendation. At least you'll have the peace of mind that you did it right. Why to hurry ?

I jumped from 0.125 mg clonazepam and I really felt it (after 4 months of tapering due to tolerance withdrawal symptom development). 2m Valium = about 0.25 mg clonazepam https://clincalc.com/Benzodiazepine/

which is not a small amount to jump from.

What helped me toward the end that I measured my pill cuttings and just shaved off a bit every day (the pill weight and the actual active ingredient weight is different, the actual weight is much higher. My 0.5 mg Clonazepam weight was 170 mg so toward the end it was not too difficult to go down by just 1 mg per day) my symptoms were more leveled, did not have dramatic setbacks because of the tiny cut. As you say no rush, you are almost there!