5 months c/t-still pacing-will this end???w/d or me???

[De...]

Took Ativan for 3 months heavy doses prescribed by idiot Dr.. Went c/t detox in May 2010. Have been pacing ever since. Is this still W/D after 5 months? Does this ever end or maybe I have a nervous condition. Never did this before taking the Ativan. Now I have to keep moving constantly.

5 months and I am worn out!!!

Hi Deb, I had extreme akethesia for about the first year. Then it began to remit. The next year I had more and more times that I could just sit quietly and comfortably. I also had more mornings that I could just linger on the couch, which btw was HEAVEN after a year of inability to sit still. Now I would say that I don't think about it too much but I do need exercise first part of the day.

It does get better so hang in there. I know what it feels like to be "worn out" :( ...you might try getting a mini trampoline. That helped me a lot to bounce on that in the morning and it seemed to calm my brain down without burning a hole in the carpet from pacing. :-[:D

I'm sorry to say that 5 months is still pretty early in benzo time, especially for those of us who quit cold turkey, which is what you did if you went to detox.  It's likely you won't notice improvement for a few more months, I don't want to discourage you, but I feel it's important that you fully understand the situation you're in so you can accept it, hopefully this will calm you down a little bit.

It's scary to think that this could be permanent, when it goes on so long, we begin to fear this, but it's not.  As you heal, you'll gradually be able to relax and when it finally happens, you'll revel in just being able to sit on your couch and relax. 

Hang in there.  Pam is right.  You are still early in your healing process.  I was still a mess at month 5.  Cold Turkey really does a number on us.  I was thinking of reinstating also at your stage.  Don't do it.  You will just have to go through this awful process again.  Please just hold tight.  You will get better. 

I don't have several more months or a year. I have to go back to work or lose everything I own. I should of never did cold turkey, did not know that it would drag on this long. Plus I have severe dr/dp among other among many other s/x. I may have to reinstate just to bring the world back and myself back. My entire body is still completely numb. I am pretty much nonfunctional.

I'm doing much better.  I still have days where some of the symptoms come back but they are now manageable.  If you reinstate there is no guarantee that you will feel better.  You could end up in much worse shape and pick up even more withdrawal symptoms.  I know it's tempting but I don't believe it's worth the risk. Healing is such a slow process you may overlook some improvements for awhile.  You will get through this but it is very time consuming. 

Yes, please don't reinstate, as Kenneth says, oftentimes the person doesn't feel better and then you're stuck with having to go through this again.  There is also some evidence, although anecdotal from what I've seen here that it gets more difficult to do it each time.  As I said, this is not proven, but what is with this process, but I've sure heard members who do this more than once say it gets worse each time.

Is there anyway you can go back part time for now?  Can you begin to do some small activities to help prepare you for your return to work, to build your confidence?  I had to work and while it was difficult and I hated every minute of it, it helped to distract me and got me out of my prison at home. 

I am basically nonfunctional. Dp/dr so severe, I am in another world. Dizziness so severe can't even ride in a car with someone else driving.

Anxiety so severe, I must keep pacing about 18 hrs a day.

Sorry Deborah.  I had vertigo really bad also.  I was actually crawling on the floor it got so bad for awhile.  It will go away.  You have to just hang in there.  When the vertigo wasn't bad I did my share of pacing also.