"A Pharmacist Speaks About the Dangers of Benzodiazepines" (Medicating Normal)

[La...]

Here's the most recent video release from the filmmakers of "Medicating Normal":

"A Pharmacist Speaks About the Dangers of Benzodiazepines"

Thanks Lapis, interesting comments made about insurance reimbursement, I hadn't considered that as part of the equation.  We're all trapped, including the Dr's.

I found this statement most interesting: in this pharmacist's 34 years of filling prescriptions, he saw only 2 or possibly 3 people who actually  came off of them.

I found this statement most interesting: in this pharmacist's 34 years of filling prescriptions, he saw only 2 or possibly 3 people who actually  came off of them.

That blew me away, too. Unbelievable. Think of all the people who are too scared to get off them. Think of all the people who tried to get off them but suffered from the hellish withdrawal symptoms, so they just stopped, never to try again. Think of all the people who don’t even know the damage that benzos do to their brain.

We must be real outliers for getting off benzos. Actually I must be a real, real, real outlier because I got off all psychotropic medications, at least 8 of them.

That blew me away, too. Unbelievable. Think of all the people who are too scared to get off them. Think of all the people who tried to get off them but suffered from the hellish withdrawal symptoms, so they just stopped, never to try again. Think of all the people who don’t even know the damage that benzos do to their brain.

We must be real outliers for getting off benzos. Actually I must be a real, real, real outlier because I got off all psychotropic medications, at least 8 of them.

I've chosen to be part of the majority who were not informed of the neurological changes that Benzos cause to the CNS, I have accepted that my CNS has been changed and will not function properly without continued use of the medication and I plan to live the remainder of my life to the fullest by taking the prescribed medication to prevent further "withdrawal" damage.