what is anxiety ??? compared to benzo w/d

[he...]

How do you describe anxiety? is this classified as anxiety , calmness inside , but having throat muscles tightened ?, shaking off hands and legs ?

whats the difference from shaking and tremors are they the same thing? inner shaking ? muscle tension ? wouldn't that be caused from the benzos because they are muscle relaxers , so would the throat muscles and muscle tension be related from benzos being a muscle relaxer and muscles are now coming to life? or is it anxiety? any thoughts, I could be having a great day , laughing, enjoying my day and still have the throat muscles still tightened as if someone has their hands around my throat, but I had a few days where it hardly felt that way , so how could it be anxiety ? when theres no particular time off the day its like it or not , no matter what kind off a day I am having , a happy enjoyable day, or a miserable day , its always there or its not. Any comments welcomed >

Thanks

Sounds like w/d to me but it can be hard to tell the difference.  The thing is, during tapering and healing, there often is more than normal anxiety type symptoms, like racing heart, inner vibrations, shaking, etc.  They become less intense and less frequent over time.  Still, it doesn't hurt to practice some anxiety lowering techniques throughout the day.  For a time I was having an awful time with jaw clenching.  It gave me such a headache and I had to constantly pay attention to that tensing feeling so I could consciously relax my jaw, over and over and over and over... You get the idea.  ;)  Whether this was anxiety or w/d, it still responded to my relaxation practices. 

Hi Help,

I think the throat constricting is probably muscles constricting in the throat.  It is benzo withdrawl related for me and is finally going away after 6 months !!!  It's really hard to tell what are "classic" anxiety symptoms when you are withdrawing.  There are all kinds of symptoms that would round up on the anxiety spectrum and many unexplained illnessess are also attritubuted to anxiety by the medical profession . But, as you know with benzo withdrawl that there really are no rules for what is what. This beast has a mind of it's own and manifests itself in so many bizarre ways.

Hope that this one goes away for you soon .          Ginia