My lawyer backed out on the lawsuit

[Ju...]

I had a good lawyer and she was really excited about suing my doctor over Klonopin, only to look at medical records and say that's a really high dose, how do we know it's not the pharmaceutical company and instead maybe your doctor? And then things got really confusing because they didn't know if it was a personal injury lawsuit or if it was a defective medicine lawsuit or perhaps a medical malpractice lawsuit. Long story short, it didn't help me at all and now I have to start calling different lawyers all over the country again. Some of them recommended Mass tort lawsuits because they are kind of like personal civil lawsuits that you would file yourself, and that way you get different amounts of money for each person instead of a same check for everybody. Because everybody's suffering is different and money lost is different. And supposedly there has already been a lawsuit against Klonopin back in the early 2000s. But that's not good anymore either. And supposedly only the really big lawsuits are willing to do this because they have more money and time for stuff like this, and they can advertise and whatever else. So a lot of these smaller places are saying it's definitely a case, but they're not willing to take it on. Luckily I don't have any drugs or anything in my medical records from this last time. The times before that, yeah there was a lot of them. Anyways, it's going to be harder than I thought but I'm going to put all of my focus into this instead of how I feel. It's a good way to recover quickly and get my mind off of things anyways. The way I see it, the worst that can happen is somebody turns it down again. But the best thing that can happen is buy a house with cash and buy another car with cash and never have to do anything again. So I'm not giving up. If anybody has any other pointers or if anybody else has started one already, let me know please.

Well yeah, we live in a digital age. Anything can be used against anybody. The fact remains that the Klonopin cause my problems and it was prescribed by my doctor and it was my choice to get off of it and the reason I'm having symptoms is because of the Klonopin. That's all that matters. They have all my medical records. So now I have to find a lawyer that can tell them everything about me and use it all in court and get me money. That's all I'm concerned with.

I think you're going to have a hard time suing anyone unless you can prove that you were forced to take this medication against your will.

That's about the difficulty level that they make it. But that doesn't mean it's impossible, and I'm not going to stop. If there's money to be made and bills to pay off, that's going to be my full-time job right now. It's not like I have anything better to do. Even if I can't get money out of it, maybe I can help other people in the future. I already reported my symptoms to the adverse reactions department at Genentech. They make both diazepam and clonazepam. They were actually apologizing to me about what I was going through. They reported it to the FDA. So that's a start for the other people in the future at least. And now, they are helping me with resources in my community. That probably won't be much help so I will keep in communication with Genentech and get all the assistance I can. If everybody did the same thing as me, it would be no problem getting money out of them. The problem is always the unwillingness of others. Similar to when a law needs to be passed, there needs to be more than one person. So I will keep everybody posted. I've already met a couple names at the company, so that's better than none.

In MHO...stopping this insanity of benzo damage has to start two ways.

1. Educate. Professionals and regular people. Create awareness. there are groups out there that have started this - thank God.

2. Lobby for REGULATION on how the med can be used AND how people should be tapered off the stuff as safely as possible. Strict regulation. Uses, dosages, etc. We may not be able to change what HAS  happened or be vindicated for the damage done, BUT we can be involved to prevent future damage. This too has been started by certain groups throughout different states.

I applaud your lawsuit efforts and honest to goodness would love to see some justice. It's nice to see someone with a fire in them who wants to see change, or is healed enough to pursue it:)

Some states had tort reform passed in the early 2000's and that generally limits the general damages to $200,000 and thus disheartens lawyers from taking the case.  Punitive damages (if proven) for pain and anguish amongst other things, can often take you above that point.  Why not bring a couple of lawsuits against both parties, ie. big pharma & your doctor?  In plaintiff cases one generally brings more than one cause of action in suing big pharma, a doctor, or both.  What State are you in?  I also wouldn't rule out potentially being in Federal Court if you sue big pharma and State Court in a suit against your doctor.