If glutamate storm kills cells

[Ac...]

Then how come we typically don’t see anything in our scans? Wouldn’t cell death show damage? Prolly a stupid question that no one knows that answer too but Iv just been thinking about it lately.

Hmmmm good question...

I FEEL like I've experienced what could be described as cell death almost daily for 4.5 years and yet my MRI came back totally normal...

[72...]
I had a massive glutamate storm last August due to a stroke caused by bwd, cell death showed on mri but that was due to lack of oxygen  but an EEG showed an acute excitation which they said was a glutamate storm which occurs in any brain injury.

[fc...]
I think massive cell death - as in that seen in strokes - is probably visible.  Losing a few cells due to a glutamate spike would be like looking for a few miniscule needles in an immense haystack.  I read that it's somewhat similar for alcohol.  People don't really lose a lot of brain cells due to alcohol, but they behave differently for a time.

Apoptosis is happening all the time in the body and brain.

I think would only show on a scan of a relatively large area was severely effected -scans can’t show the loss of individual neurons.