1 year SOBER and feeling on top of the world!

[Iw...]

Hi BBs, I have not been on here for quite some time. But I just wanted to come on here and just say WOW! What a year it’s been. I am living life to the fullest and have been since around 8.5 months Benzo free. That’s when I really turned a corner.. I’m fully functional. I’m exercising 3 times a week. I’m back to work full time and being a mom to my two toddler boys. My marriage and spiritual life has improved. It’s hard looking back, since there’s so much to reflect on; I still struggle with some symptoms but it’s nowhere near the intensity as it was. This is an emotional day for me. Not only is it my 1 year Benzo free but it’s one year free of ANY vices. No alcohol, no pills, nothing. Also, it’s Easter, the day of rebirth and it’s my oldest sons 3rd birthday. I never planned it that way but it makes it all the more special to me. I can understand why the ‘healed’ ones don’t return to tell the story because it can be a traumatic experience and it was for me. I had every scary symptom. Multiple tests done, including MRI, and everything came back normal. No doctor could give me answers. The only answer was time.

If you’re in the thick of it, please know you are not alone and these symptoms are only temporary!! Don’t believe the death lies. You are beautiful, you’re healing every day and you will succeed.

I love you all. Everything you want is on the other side of fear :smitten:

It's wonderful to hear how you're doing, your life sounds fantastic and your gratitude shines through.  I hope one day you'll post a success story, I don't know about you, but I spent most of my time here reading them when I was suffering, we need members like you to keep the hope alive for others.  Thank you!  :smitten:

Thank you so much for posting this message of hope and love!

I'm so happy for you, you've endured something very difficult and have a beautiful view of life now.

pianogirl  :smitten:

IwillRise-

Congratulations on hitting this amazing milestone!  It's wonderful to read your story - so inspiring!  Thanks so much for coming back and sharing!

Brighterday  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi BBs, I have not been on here for quite some time. But I just wanted to come on here and just say WOW! What a year it’s been. I am living life to the fullest and have been since around 8.5 months Benzo free. That’s when I really turned a corner.. I’m fully functional. I’m exercising 3 times a week. I’m back to work full time and being a mom to my two toddler boys. My marriage and spiritual life has improved. It’s hard looking back, since there’s so much to reflect on; I still struggle with some symptoms but it’s nowhere near the intensity as it was. This is an emotional day for me. Not only is it my 1 year Benzo free but it’s one year free of ANY vices. No alcohol, no pills, nothing. Also, it’s Easter, the day of rebirth and it’s my oldest sons 3rd birthday. I never planned it that way but it makes it all the more special to me. I can understand why the ‘healed’ ones don’t return to tell the story because it can be a traumatic experience and it was for me. I had every scary symptom. Multiple tests done, including MRI, and everything came back normal. No doctor could give me answers. The only answer was time.

If you’re in the thick of it, please know you are not alone and these symptoms are only temporary!! Don’t believe the death lies. You are beautiful, you’re healing every day and you will succeed.

I love you all. Everything you want is on the other side of fear :smitten:

Congratulations on your recovery  ;D

You should consider yourself very lucky that it was so short you really dodged a bullet in a way