Author Topic: Fakeit's Success Story - Time is the ultimate healer  (Read 19587 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Fakeit's Success Story - Time is the ultimate healer
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2021, 01:29:18 pm »
Fake it, did you find the anti depressants made things worse for you? They seem to help so many people, but my symptomss seemed to get lost worse after taking them for me. Keep thinking I've really delayed recovery by taking them, and blame myself.
Did you find the mental symptoms were very slow to improve. Getting rapid cycling of symptoms recently, get coup,e days just about manage, the get day like today when recovery seem an impossible dream.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2021, 12:22:34 pm »
[...], yes the AD's did make me MUCH worse. I could not stay on them so only used them for about six months. Only you know if they are good or bad for you. Talk with you Dr. and do what's best for you.
I ended up with two "clocks". One from my last day of a benzo (February 2018) and then another since my last AD. (July 10, 2018)
I honestly believe some people have a paradoxial reaction to psychological medications. My Dr. And therapist both believe I fall into that group. I was blessed with a therapist that actually looked it up in medical books and showed me that it's a thing.
Even my neurologist came around and said yes he believes it was caused by the medications.
He couldn't say that until he watched me heal; which took years. But I healed.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 12:55:52 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2021, 10:56:22 pm »
Bump

[Buddie]

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2021, 12:50:12 pm »
This is one of my favorite success stories. Itís a lovely reminder that I will heal. That I AM healing. Faking it does have benefits. To me itís the same as practicing. Isnít it a saying practice makes perfect?  :thumbsup: If we think about it, we are as babes progressing. Just like a babe they learn to sit up, crawl, stand up, walk then take off running. Thatís how Iím looking at my healing since reading this thread. Each phase takes some time for the brain to ď get it rightĒ. It WILL! Right now Iím crawling well and starting to stand. Pretty soon Iíll be cruising around the furniture. Iíll be practicing taking my first steps while holding on to the furniture. Remember the massive joy of a babyís first step??? That feeling permeates the whole house when it happens.  :laugh:
Until I can take that stepÖ. Iím faking it ( practicing).  :thumbsup:

Fakeit, thank you for sharing your story. May you be happy in our Heavenly Fatherís love. Enjoy your new life.

[Buddie]

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2022, 03:38:25 pm »
This is one of my favorite success stories. Itís a lovely reminder that I will heal. That I AM healing. Faking it does have benefits. To me itís the same as practicing. Isnít it a saying practice makes perfect?  :thumbsup: If we think about it, we are as babes progressing. Just like a babe they learn to sit up, crawl, stand up, walk then take off running. Thatís how Iím looking at my healing since reading this thread. Each phase takes some time for the brain to ď get it rightĒ. It WILL! Right now Iím crawling well and starting to stand. Pretty soon Iíll be cruising around the furniture. Iíll be practicing taking my first steps while holding on to the furniture. Remember the massive joy of a babyís first step??? That feeling permeates the whole house when it happens.  :laugh:
Until I can take that stepÖ. Iím faking it ( practicing).  :thumbsup:

Fakeit, thank you for sharing your story. May you be happy in our Heavenly Fatherís love. Enjoy your new life.

Thank you so much [...]!  I hope you are recovering well and that your legs are getting stronger underneath you!  I came in today to see if there was any discussion on Lions Den Mushroom supplement.  Not withdrawal related, but COVID related.  I'm 55 and between Menopause, COVID, and having suffered the brain damage from Benzo's, I just wanted to see what discussions there were here.  I'm going to give it a whirl and see if it helps with my cognitive function, etc.  I'm also Type 1 Diabetic so the benefits on nerves is also intriguing to me.

Life IS beautiful past withdrawal and I pray to our Lord that your healing comes quickly and completely. 

Fakeit

[Buddie]

« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2022, 08:22:48 pm »
Bump