Author Topic: Fakeit's Success Story - Time is the ultimate healer  (Read 19591 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Fakeit's Success Story - Time is the ultimate healer
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2020, 12:15:29 am »
Fakeit-

Thanks so much for sharing your story so generously.  As you know it means the world to members in the thick of withdrawal.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2020, 07:23:45 am »
Oh, FakeIt, my dear FakeIt!

I am SO happy for you! Goodness, it doesn't seem that long since your posts of suffering, fear and doubt, in spite of your strength and willingness to 'fake it'... and look at you NOW!!! Waw, that's what BBs is all about... what a beautiful success story you have shared with us all, FakeIt, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. You describe exactly how it feels to be in the trenches for a long time, then finally starting to walking in the sunshine of life again! Thank you for sharing your light and hope, thank you for your guidance in this journey. Thank you.

Just a question - was it you who was spending hours a day doing jigsaw puzzles? Someone mentioned puzzles a year and a half or 2 years ago, which inspired me to try, and that's been in my 'coping arsenal' of 'quiet activities' I was able to do 10 or 15 min at a time, in spite of my inner restlessness... the only one. So if that was you, thank you. If it wasn't, well, thank you nonetheless! Thank you to the person who did. And thank you again to you.

And thank you for promising that the warm fuzzy comfortable feeling while relaxing and watching TV comes back. I've been praying for that myself for a long time now, but I KNOW it is just a matter of Healing Time. And everything will become easier, until everything becomes OK... in turn... until everything becomes good... and the sunshine of life fills our days with its beautiful warmth and gleaming glow!

Have a beautiful life. Enjoy every moment of it. You have earned it!

Love and Hugs,
[...] 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2020, 06:47:00 pm »
What an amazing and inspirational success story. Iím 14.5 months out and in a terrible wave, and reading your story really gave me hope. I see so many similarities. Thank you for taking the time to write such a well thought out and detailed story. It really helps all of us that are still in it.
All the best to you and congrats on getting your life back.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2020, 06:50:54 pm »
Yup! That was me with the jigsaw puzzles. Hours upon hours of sometimes just staring at the table not able to connect with what I was doing, but it looked like I was concentrating. Lol! Just another part of "faking it".

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2020, 02:21:18 am »
This is truly amazing! We have such similar stories! I canít wait to get to this spot. 2 months on an AD and 14 benzos total in a month and a half. This gives me so much hope. Iím almost 7 months off now and I need all the hope I can get! Thank you for writing this!

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2020, 06:12:12 pm »
This is truly amazing! We have such similar stories! I canít wait to get to this spot. 2 months on an AD and 14 benzos total in a month and a half. This gives me so much hope. Iím almost 7 months off now and I need all the hope I can get! Thank you for writing this!

I can't make promises.  I can only share my own experience and all . . . but my belief is that you are going to be just fine and will be "here" before you know it!!  Just keep taking it one day at a time.  It's SUCH a slow process.

HUGS!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2020, 11:03:13 pm »
Hello fakeit
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful message of recovery with us. I am currently 45 months out from a short term use of benzos and ADs. Iím not quite fully healed yet but I am well on my way. I still have a few lingering symptoms but they are way better than they used to be. Yes healing is definitely happening for me and itís just a matter of time before I can write my own success story.
Thank you again for sharing your journey with us. Take care of yourself and enjoy life once again.

[...].

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2020, 11:50:32 pm »
Faking It:
A few words on that. On BB I am known to be the Queen of faking it. Because it worked SO well for me. Over the years some people here have "dissed" me because of this and I really dont know why. Faking it is a known way of actually changing how you think. Staying optimistic no matter what IS a wonderful thing and especially with benzo wd. There is just something about benzo wd that makes one feel so hopeless, so helpless. But in truth, you are not. Faking it is a proven way to change how your mind views EVERYTHING. And in time this can become permanent. It sure did for me.
Benzo wd has to be the most lonely thing one can do. You have no in person help. Just words on a screen. You know those words were written by a fellow human. But you cannot SEE them. Talk about "social distancing"........
And right now all of you are also worrying about covid  19. I am too. Add that on top of benzo wd, and you could have utter mayhem, unless you choose NOT to panic. Force yourself to be optimistic no matter what. That will be your way out of this huge mess.  Practice faking it every single day. Do it over and over until you want to slap [...] in the damn face! Believe me, I can take that. But if you  focus on faking it, over time you WILL change how you react to this weird world we live in now.
March on, soldiers. This world NEEDS you.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2020, 07:08:40 pm »
Thank you for the encouragement. I don't have a big support system. I have my husband who is great and very understanding but I don't have a single friend who I can talk to about this. So, my best thing is coming here and reading stories that ended well. Thank you for sharing. I'm at the halfway point in my taper! All the best!

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2020, 10:00:35 pm »
Hi fakeit,

I missed your post somehow :o
So here are my congratulations to you!! I hope life will be beautiful for you :smitten:
You deserve this!!!
Marigold