N-acetyl-cysteine NAC made by horrible anxiety go away

[Ni...]

Hi all, so today I had horrible anxiety as I've had for the past couple of days and I decided to take an effervescent tablet of NAC normally used for phlegm in the lungs. Boy am I happy to report that it relieved my anxiety! Anyone else has experiences with NAC?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I take it twice a day but am currently experiencing panic attacks after not having them since I was last in benzo withdrawal. It helps me not feel even worse though. I tried stopping it, it did not go well. Magnesium Calm also helps, as does CBD.

I take it twice a day but am currently experiencing panic attacks after not having them since I was last in benzo withdrawal. It helps me not feel even worse though. I tried stopping it, it did not go well. Magnesium Calm also helps, as does CBD.

Does cbd downregulate the gaba receptors?

Hi all, so today I had horrible anxiety as I've had for the past couple of days and I decided to take an effervescent tablet of NAC normally used for phlegm in the lungs. Boy am I happy to report that it relieved my anxiety! Anyone else has experiences with NAC?

Thanks!

N

Would you mind please letting me know EXACTLY what brand of NAC you took that helped your anxiety ?  Thanks !!

Kindly,

j

Thanks!

N

Would you mind please letting me know EXACTLY what brand of NAC you took that helped your anxiety ?  Thanks !!

Kindly,

j

It's a Dutch brand called Livsane Fluimicil taken as an effervescent tablet against phlegm in the lungs. Bought as an OTC at a pharmacy.

Thanks!

I've tried the NOW capsules for a while. At first it helped, then it turned on me. Bad.

Thanks!

N

Kindly,

j

It's a Dutch brand called Livsane Fluimicil taken as an effervescent tablet against phlegm in the lungs. Bought as an OTC at a pharmacy.

Thanks for replying.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

I have been taking NAC for almost a year now and it’s really helping to calm my anxiety and it’s even more effective fighting depression! I take NAC in the morning and GABA in the evening !