tapering from 1.5mg of Etizolam

[ro...]

so I am tapering from Etizolam 1.5 mg per day, and I wanted to encourage people to keep going as I think so far I am doing OK.

I tapered quickly from .5mg....I had not been on the extra for long and I tapered it in 1/8 ths of a tablet over 2 weeks. It was probably a little too fast but I needed to get the daily dose down to eek out the number of tablets I have left.

So since then I have been tapering about 2% everyday mainly, and every other day as the dose has become smaller. I thought that the symptoms would be hard but so far very mild and I can cope with them. Just mild shaking, sleep not too bad, mild headache, mild anxiety ( which considering I live in Spain and the situation here is awful, I think this is understandable), and some sinus probs. My muscle aches are improving and I can excersize through them....even though I do this indoors and drive my hubby crazy. We cannot go outside at all, only to get food, and we have no yard, we live in an apartment. Not moaning just a fact, and we are applauding the emergency and health workers everyday at 8pm by opening our windows and clapping and whistling.... Anyway I am doing this with a weighing scale and it works out to be a cut of .001g everyday or every other day. I guess it may get more difficult to weigh accurately later in the taper. So I am down to the equivalent of .028g which is almost 0.5mg, half a tablet.

I have heard that etizolam is fairly close to Xanax in action, strength, and having a very short half-life can be a bit of a nightmare to taper. So I wanted to encourage people to keep going, slowly does it. Helpful things I have done is drink camomile tea and have acupuncture treatment. These two things have helped appreciably.

Keep safe folks!

I will give another update as not many people are writing about Etizolam. Thanks for reading.

:smitten:

Hi roselilly,

I just saw your post, I'm delighted to hear you're doing so well, under the circumstances.  I'm amazed you can exercise, some find it ramps up their symptoms, others swear it saves them, so I'm glad you're in the latter group.

Thanks for checking in.

Pamster