Klonopin strange use pattern

[mm...]

I’m looking to come off klonopin before I’m in too deep.

My biggest complaint I’ve been taking this for is insomnia. .25 did work wonders,  but my anxiety increased some, Saturday night .25 only bought me 2 hours of sleep. Last night .5 got me 6, but I feel like an emotionless slug waking up.

Last night I was experiencing hypnic jerks (every time I try to fall asleep, a random muscle would twitch and I’d be jolted wide awake. I’m pretty sure this is all anxiety. This was my original complaint and ER prescribed Ativan 1 mg as needed in February. Took 1 mg for 4 days, then .5 mg for a few nights the few weeks after.)

I’ve been taking .125mg daily for 6 weeks.

Week 1: 1 day of .25 for sleep

Week 2: 2 days of .25 for sleep

Week 3: no additional

Week 4: 2 days of .25 extra for sleep

Week 5: 1 day of .5 extra for sleep

Week 6: 3 days of .25 extra, 1 day of .5 extra.

The hypnic jerks and insomnia are really what I’m most concerned about.

I have no idea if it’s worth it to just cut the “night extra” first, and then start cutting back the daily use.

Hi mm691,

You developed tolerance to this drug very quickly and what you're experiencing are common symptoms of this, so your best bet is to get off of the drug.  Consistent dosing is very important, your brain craves consistency, so try to give it that.  Make your doses uniform and consistent and taper.  We don't want you to taper longer than you've been on the drug, but it's important you start as soon as possible.

I'm sorry no one answered your question, I hope you'll check in so we can talk about this.

Pamster