I’ve tried so many things and now I know

[As...]

I’ve had anxiety/insomnia and a benzo dependency for 16-17 yrs that started in 2003 when I took Ativan for extreme insomnia 0-3 hrs sleep/night after developing PTSD from being in a new, really difficult marriage, losing a baby to cancer, having 7 mos chemo and more. Finally, I found the answer to what’s going on physically. After a traumatic holiday in Mexico last year (2019), I contracted shingles, knew I couldn’t continue with all the meds and that I needed help. My band-aid approach of 7.5-10 mg of Valium, nightly alcohol and pot to help with my anxiety/sleep was taking its toll on my body and I knew I had to stop. I had tried weening from benzos a number of times (first time cold turkey and learned how serious this is).

On a google search I discovered Anthony William ‘Medical Medium’, began his shingles protocol in May 2019 (tho I still drank until the last few months), and now am down to 1.25 mg Valium, no alcohol, and a little pot/CBDs. My sleep is now about 6 hrs/night average. I had also developed chronic fatigue and spend a lot of time in bed. A few keys to understanding my anxiety/insomnia are 1. my illness is largely viral and 2. I need massive quantities of nutrition- the right nutrition to kill the viruses and support my body 3. 20 mg of melatonin/night. I bought all his books and I know it’s the answer I’ve been looking for for 20 yrs. Anthony William (celery juice trend) knows chronic illness. Insomnia/anxiety are symptoms of chronic illness and may be much less benzo related than we think.  Weening from Valium is easy and I’ll be off soon. The diet is expensive but I know it’s the answer. I highly recommend it. I’ll update when I’m off the Valium.

I admire your positive attitude. You seem very level-headed and rational, which has no doubt helped you through tapering/withdrawing. I too partake in pot occasionally, but I’ve found myself to be too sensitive to its effects post-withdrawal, so I’m saving it for a rainy day down the road. It’s definitely superior to psych drugs with a near-nonexistent withdrawal. I applaud you coming this far through recovery, and rationally finding a solution to your problems, and perhaps finding a solution for others.