Roxane/West-Ward Diazepam Oral Solution Troubleshooting Question

[ki...]

I started switching from homemade vodka & PG/water/teva valium solution on March 6th (2.8 mg). I dosed my homemade solution in the morning and the Roxane at night for 11 days then switched to completely over to Roxane. I've been on only Roxane since March 17th (2.64 mg). I was doing really well and continuing to taper down until the last couple of days I've had a big uptick in symptoms (anxiety, restless sleep, neck/shoulder tension, heart racing and palpitations). I'm wondering if this is because I'm not tolerating the Roxane solution or is something else going on. I'm currently right around ovulation and my symptoms usually ramp up around this time, but not this much. Currently holding at 2.42 mg hoping my symptoms subside. Any advice is appreciated.

Hello, kitsune556. I am sorry you have hit a rough patch in your taper.

If I were you, I would begin troubleshooting by applying the principle of Occam’s Razor (i.e., simpler theories are preferable to more complex ones because they are more testable).

In your case, one “simpler theory” is that you may have increased your taper rate to a level your body is “objecting” to via an uptick in withdrawal symptoms. Using the numbers you provided:

March 6 - 2.8mg

March 17 - 2.64mg

A reduction of 5.71% over 11 days.

March 17 - 2.64mg

April 2 - 2.42mg

A reduction of 8.33% over 16 days.

To test this theory, you could do what you’re doing.  That is, hold for a bit to see if your symptoms settle down to a tolerable level.  If so, then continue with your taper but at a slightly lower rate.  (As I’m sure you’ve read, it is not at all uncommon for members to have to slow down their taper rate as they reach lower doses.)

Hello, kitsune556. I am sorry you have hit a rough patch in your taper.

If I were you, I would begin troubleshooting by applying the principle of Occam’s Razor (i.e., simpler theories are preferable to more complex ones because they are more testable).

In your case, one “simpler theory” is that you may have increased your taper rate to a level your body is “objecting” to via an uptick in withdrawal symptoms. Using the numbers you provided:

March 6 - 2.8mg

March 17 - 2.64mg

A reduction of 5.71% over 11 days.

March 17 - 2.64mg

April 2 - 2.42mg

A reduction of 8.33% over 16 days.

To test this theory, you could do what you’re doing.  That is, hold for a bit to see if your symptoms settle down to a tolerable level.  If so, then continue with your taper but at a slightly lower rate.  (As I’m sure you’ve read, it is not at all uncommon for members to have to slow down their taper rate as they reach lower doses.)

Good ole Occam’s Razor. Your response is exactly why I included my doses. Thank you for the bit of reassurance.

You are most welcome, kitsune556.  Sending all best wishes your way for smooth sailing for the remainder of your taper.  Libertas

Kit,

I am doing home brew . What’s pg? I don’t add anything but the vodka, water and pill. Also, why are you changing?

Kit,

I am doing home brew . What’s pg? I don’t add anything but the vodka, water and pill. Also, why are you changing?

I’m already only on the Rx liquid, I have been since March 17th. I switched over to the Rx diazepam because I was having some symptoms with the home brew. They went away with the Rx liquid, but I think tapering too fast came back to bite me. PG is Propylene Glycol. I used a mixture of it and vodka to make my home brew.