Is this insomnia normal ?

[fi...]

I haven't slept but 1 hr in the last 3 days.....will this get better ? Not sure my body and mind can handle much more.

I am in day 4 of cold turkey withdrawal of .50 mg of Xanax that I took once a night for 2 weeks. When I did feel the possibility of slipping into sleep I would get jerked back into the hellish night of coping. I drink herbal tea before bed and take a time released melatonin.

Yes, that's normal for where you are at right now.  I did a cold turkey too and didn't sleep a minute the first 4 or 5 days in a row.  It gets better.  I would be "jerked" or "jolted" awake too as soon as I was almost nodding off.  It felt like electricity.  I don't think much will help with sleep right now and some herbal teas can make sleep worse for some?

If you want to know why this is happening, it has to do with your down regulated GABA and the lack of balance with Glutamate.  Both are nervous system receptors.  GABA is your body's "brake pedal" or what slows things down and makes you calm and relaxed.  Glutamate is your body's "gas pedal" or what makes you active and alert or even fight or flight.  Normally the two are in a "balancing act" so one doesn't overtake the other.  But when your GABA is temporarily taken off line by the Benzo, Glutamate rules the day and night.  That's why you might feel wired all the time, have racing thoughts and are never sleepy.  It takes some time for your body to repair the temporary damage.  No one knows how long that will be.  But your body knows exactly how to repair the damage and put your GABA and Glutamate back into balance.  However, it is a very nonlinear process...UP and DOWN, one step forward, 2 steps back for some time for most.

Hang in there...Ashton says Insomnia resolves for most between month 6-12.  That doesn't mean your sleep will be next to zero the entire time.  It slowly improves like a "normal" stock market, but UP and DOWN.  I went from 5-10 hours per week for the first 4-6 months off, to 5-8 hours every night.

Hey ThEwAy2, thanks for the heads up and info to what is exactly going on in the melon. Be safe and well with this Covid crisis.

• 4 weeks later...
I am so tired of my insomnia too... I am desperate. I am looking for some ways to beat it, and I find some helpful things [url://weednews.co/best-cbd-oil-for-sleep/]here[/url]. What do you think about it? Have you tried something similar? I would appreciate any input, thank you in advance!

Jadev,

It would be nice if you could complete your signature so others know what you were (are still) on and how much you took (are still taking).

It's hard to offer advice without have information.