Vitamin C for relieving anxiety

[Ni...]

I believe the vitamin C I took relieved my anxiety to an extent. Did anyone else have this effect as well? The turmeric and black pepper I took made my anxiety worse.

The problem for us and Vit C is that if it's the kind of ascorbic acid based on corn or wheat, it does usually send us into a wave. There are other alternatives out there based on whole foods (with Camu-camu, tapioca, etc).

Hope that helps.

I never had a bad effect from Vitamin C, I take it as citrate, - no problem for me. Its my painkiller, allergykiller... however it has a pushing effect that is why I do not take it in the late evening.

I could not tolerate supplements in the first 1,5 years after being med-free, - so maybe you just have to wait and stick to food which is rich in vitamine C. Lots of options out there :thumbsup:

For me too definetely helps with anxiety.

So far the best supplement for me , I take 1 or 2 g daily . Classic long lasting caps.

I would love to take vitamin C for anxiety, but there is the problem as mentioned with ascorbic acid if  derived from corn or wheat.

I wonder what form is the best to take,

I know some take Liposomal vitamin C but often that is corn based so no better off, if trying to avoid corn

I eat as much fruit, veg and fruit as I can but there is a limit.

I would love to take vitamin C for anxiety, but there is the problem as mentioned with ascorbic acid if  derived from corn or wheat.

I know some take Liposomal vitamin C but often that is corn based so no better off, if trying to avoid corn

Acerola (powder in capsules) is a good choice, - if you can tolerate it.

[37...]

Chinchuk,

Kiwi fruit has twice the vitamin c  content (160 mg x 100 g serving ) than an Orange. Mostly 75 mg of C is enough for a daily recommended intake. It has more sugar than other veggies 8 gm, but if that is not an issue, you cannot get a better source of C.

Mice

Nikitis,

I also have some anxiety and take turmeric but I'm not 100 % sure that it is the main culprit. It is shown in many studies that should help with mood disorders. What I noticed for sure it had helped me with my join and mussels pain. I take Schwartz ( 1350/150 root/extract).How much do you take?

https://www.integrativepractitioner.com/practice-management/news/new-uses-curcumin-turmeric-psychiatric-disorders

Mice

Dear Mice,

I dont take the turmeric anymore. It revved up my symptoms..

I still take atleast a 1000 mg of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) everyday and it helps my anxiety.

Nikitis

• 3 weeks later...

Vitamin C lowers dopamine and cortisol in doses of 1000mg and higher.

I take about 1200mg (non-GMO ascorbic acid) Vitamin C crystals, and 25 min later my anxiety is gone.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Vitamin C lowers dopamine and cortisol in doses of 1000mg and higher.

I take about 1200mg (non-GMO ascorbic acid) Vitamin C crystals, and 25 min later my anxiety is gone.

:thumbsup:

4, do you have a link that supports this claim?

Ha! :thumbsup: Just got some in powder format, coincidentally enough. Haven't tried it yet. What should I expect, if anything?

Ha! :thumbsup: Just got some in powder format, coincidentally enough. Haven't tried it yet. What should I expect, if anything?

Unicorns.

Jokes aside... the worst case you find out that you are allergic on acerola. Allergy like symptoms, swellings.. then quit the project and wait til it's over.

Worst case number 2, the dosage you chose was to high for your body, - diarrhea.

These are the very very worst cases I can imagine, but everyone is different.

Little tips on top: If you take the Vitamin C together with calcium, magnesium iron or zinc or food which contains a lot of these minerals, the vitamin C will boost the amount the body can process (of the minerals). I would at first take it together with food, and take it in the morning. If you feel it gives you a push, its better not to take it late at night. If you feel well with it, it can be helpful taken after exercising or when you have eaten something you cannot digest or tolerate well.

Baby steps, - okey?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am on Remeron and going through a hard anx. wave. Found that effervescent ones(1000 mg) have helped my anxiety. But it gave me depression and diarrhea. So i stopped and tried Lipo C form. It definitely revved me up, so i went back on effervescents no matter it gives me dep. or dia. Because sometimes it is so hard to cope with this anx. I ll try Solgar's non GMO, non wheat and nonsugar 500 mg form but not now. Because  a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If i can get through this wave, i will try Solgar.

One thing that i am curious about is the effect of it on Gaba. I hope it doesnt break our healing process. What do you say about that?

• 3 weeks later...