Finally Free

[ja...]

Welp, its been nearly a decade of popping a little pill every night, and last night I took my very last benzo. Wow, it's weird to even type that. The world is pretty scary right now, but figured I would take a moment to celebrate this personal milestone! Not many people in my life know I was going through this, so here I am, celebrating with all you fine people.

Overall, my taper was not without its challenges, but very doable. I believe this is because I set myself up very early in the process with healthy coping mechanisms, with daily meditation and exercise being at the very top of that list. I followed Ashton all the way (maybe a little on the slow side of her recommendations) and thankfully never had to deviate from my schedule.

My main and most distressing symptom was tinnitus, though there were definitely some others. 

I didnt post much on here at all, but I lurked a lot in the forums, and my heart goes out to each and everyone of you, no matter where you are in this journey. I'm nowhere near out of the woods yet, but I'd be happy to answer any questions if it can be helpful to anyone.

Just keep going buddies! You got this.

That's great! It's very nice to hear. I'm about halfway through and I'll keep going until I get there! Well done!

Dec 2019 cut .5

Jan 2020 cut .25

Feb 20 cut .25

March 22 cut .125

April 3 cut .125

Current dose is 1 and .25 per day plus 100 mgs gabapentin

jarebear,

Congratulations on jumping off Benzos!  That's great news - you have every reason to feel proud of this accomplishment so please pat yourself on the back! 

You made pretty sizable cuts - how are your symptoms?

Congrats again!

Brighterday

• 2 weeks later...
Had a couple of rough days but today I'm feeling pretty great! Its been over two weeks since I jumped, so I'm hoping I'm through the worst of it. Cautiously optimistic.  :thumbsup:

Congratulations! I know how you feel and it's definitely a moment of glory, I was on clonazepam for 7 years.

may the healing continue! I am very happy for you :)

Blossom

Congratulations!!!!!  I  took 0.5 mg K for 9 years too! And still tapering, near .125.  Every doc told me it was a very low dose, hmmm.

I love Reading stories like yours! 

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations!!  It’s been a few weeks and you’re feeling ok.  That’s excellent!  I sure hope you are going to continue that way.  I look forward to being free in a month or so.  You’ve got this!