I am almost 2.5 years benzo free...

[vi...]

Hello all,

Wow it has been a long long time since my last post, I don't even know were to start...

Some basic info about me:

Name: Virek

Benzo: Bromazepam

Dose: 6mg daily before bed

Duration: Just over a year!!!

I think the last time that I posted here I was 99.9% house/bed bound and in ridiculously bad shape mentally and physically. The reason that I decided to post this update is because I know that there are many sufferers that are looking for answers... You will search this forum madly, success stories upon success stories, support, celebrations... you will click on peoples profiles just to read their signatures, how long were they on it? Did they cold turkey? Did they recover? How long did it take them to recover? ... and the questions are endless... I left the forum because as much as there was a lot of support and valuable info, there was also tons of triggers and I needed a break...

Firstly, I am not completely recovered...not anywhere near it however I am here to tell you that I am recovering. I had no idea that it would take this long to move so damn little but it is what it is. I am no longer house or bed bound and I am doing so much, this is what I choose to focus on. My freedom will come. 30 months, not one window, just a maddening slow rate of recovery and affected by every little obstacle. I keep my head down and I move, I just keep moving.

If you are suffering and in acute withdrawal, take it from me... it gets better. Let it happen, do not fight the process as it will only make things more difficult. The chemical fear of everything, wow ... I recall the days when a feather could not touch me. I would jerk as if I was poked with a razor sharp knife.

I don't want to discuss my ongoing maddening symptoms here, its not important. What is important is that you know that this too shall pass... believe me it will!

Strength to you all!

Virek

Outstanding young man! Keep up the hard work. These type of posts give people HOPE, its HOPE to those going through the terrible journey of w/d and all of its symptoms that keeps people motivated.

I am 13 months benzo free myself, like you I am much better but I know there is more healing left. Never give up hope! Always press forward! I can witness that it does improve. Life is precious, I promise everyone will improve....

J

You said: "The chemical fear of everything, wow ... I recall the days when a feather could not touch me. I would jerk as if I was poked with a razor sharp knife."

Good to know. I'm dealing with this kind of thing right now, and it is terrifying. I feel like I'm going mad. Sometimes the wind blows on my skin and I jolt.

I am glad to know you are getting better. I am one of those people right now scouring websites for success stories, as I am currently not doing well with my benzo journey. I also appreciate your levity, that you admit you are still healing but are not as bad as you used to be. Good luck.

• 1 year later...