one month of NO ATIVAN!!!!

[tr...]

Just posting to celebrate one month ativan free:) Definitely many moments of not knowing how I'd even make it to 30 days - but yet here I am. I'll have to remember that on my worse days to help me keep things in perspective in this "journey".

I'm glad to be rid of the med. I'm still grieving what it has cost me, and angry bc I took it less than prescribed! Some days I'm better at "accepting" it than others. Sx's are many and not only change by the day, but sometimes by the hour. Not going to list here bc this is a thread to celebrate a milestone:)

But I'll "reframe " my thinking to say, "hey..I have one month of healing already done!"

I vow that as I feel stronger and more able, I will use my degree to cause influence and educate professionals more about this to prevent this insanity.

I pray I am fully restored bc there is a huge part of me that wants to take this on a legal level with other organizations to put restrictions on the use of these meds.  (OK I'm off of my soapbox now...)

Looking forward to when I can post "month two free".

Congratulations on being one month free of Ativan, and I like your goal of educating those around you, if you can save one person from going through what you have, you'll have made a huge difference.  :thumbsup:

way to go! I am pretty much at the same place and I know exactly how you are feeling. you are truly not alone in the suffering. what a hard lesson I have learned with trusting my doctor. I am just so glad to be free from the poison. now true recovery is taking place. stay strong ♥️🦋

Pamster - thanks for your response! I'm serious about those future plans.....

Littlewing: We got this! It's nice to know who else is in the journey along side me. thanks:)

Congrats! I'm about ready to jump as well. My withdrawal symptoms coming off valium are very minimal compared to weaning off Klonapin which was a disaster. I wish you a full and quick recovery!

Congrats on your one month free! I'm at 2 weeks and am looking forward to my two month success story.

I feel the same way about being angry and wanting to educate others about these terrible drugs. The suffering is so great, I feel I need to shout it from the rooftops "Don't take these pills!!" I'll spend the rest of my life talking about it in hopes of keeping someone from going down this road.

DJ100 - thanks for posting! Wishing you all the best as well!!

sg89 - How are you feeling? Maybe we can shout from a rooftop together sometime...:)

• 3 months later...
Virtual High five to you. I will be 1 month clonazepam free on 7/9/2020. If it werent for unemployment during this COVID pandemic I dont think I would be able to have ever gotten off my maintenance dose due to work responsibilities.

Thanks to those who have messaged since I posted this...

I am now in my 5th month post jump!!

Never thought I would have made it this far but here I am.

Definitely doing better...small steps. :thumbsup:

[b2...]

Trina,

Five months is amazing  ...  way to go!  You are an inspiration to those of us who are behind you on this journey.

Best,

Kate.  :thumbsup: