5mg diazepam in vodka

[Di...]

Hey guys,

Bit nervous and confused about how to do this. I know there are plenty of threads on this but I'm still in a muddle. I agreed with my doctor on Friday that because coming down 1mg was too much for me (hallucinations, confusion- the full works) that we would come down 0.5mg every four weeks. Well, now because of a caseworker on a power trip they won't help me do this because their computer system wont compute 0.5mg because it only comes in 2mg or 5mg tablets as you know. Has common sense just been abandoned or what?!?! So they will only allow me to drop by 1mg

Anyway I only have 5mg tablets and want to reduce by 0.5mg

I was thinking dissolve 5mg tablet in 5mls of vodka

take away 0.5mls and discard

Take what's remains

does that sounds about right?

Thanks so much in advance!

xxx

[06...]

Your math seems correct to me.  Crush up the pill well.  Mix well.  The binders/fillers might not go into solution, but the drug will.

Gotta love those caseworker admin types.  If it's not already a box on a form (in the system), they don't know how to deal with it.  We train people to be automatons these days.

This is in the ReadMe section of Jim Hawk' Benzodiazepine Liquid Taper Plan.

How much solvent?

Several people use normal vodka for solvent. Vodka is ethanol diluted with water. Vodka 80 proof contains ~40% ethanol, 60% water. Strongest Ethanol 95% can be found with Everclear.

The rule of thumb is:

For 95% alcohol (190 proof): 1mg benzo --> 1ml of alcohol (1x)

For 40% alcohol (80 proof): 1mg benzo --> 2ml of alcohol (2x)

For instance if 40% alcohol vodka is used, 1 ml of vodka will be needed to dilute 0.5 mg of benzo.

Thanks so much guys!

I'm know I don't participate much in this forum, I have trouble with screens. I really do appreciate all the support and the knowledge that you provide. I'd be truly lost without this forum. I only wish that doctors and case workers took notice of this information too. I understand that they're busy and can't possibly know about everything but they should admit that instead of forcing me into a generic protocol that simply is not working.

Thank you so much xx

Thanks so much guys!

I'm know I don't participate much in this forum, I have trouble with screens. I really do appreciate all the support and the knowledge that you provide. I'd be truly lost without this forum. I only wish that doctors and case workers took notice of this information too. I understand that they're busy and can't possibly know about everything but they should admit that instead of forcing me into a generic protocol that simply is not working.

Thank you so much xx

Well said.  It truly is a shame. 

Would it work better for your caseworker if you just reduced by 1 mg every 8 weeks (then you do the .5 mg per 4 weeks)? Others have already chimed in, but for 5 mg Valium, you want to use 2 ml vodka per 1 mg Valium. So 10 ml vodka and 40 ml water for one 5 mg tablet. Rather than making your solution daily, you can make several days worth. If you decide to just do daily solutions you don't have to throw away the extra liquid. It can still be used. As far as dosing, shake the jar thoroughly and then draw your dose.