Curious... Are we just severe cases of Fibromyalgia/CFS?

[do...]

Hello Buddies,

I was referred to a chronic care clinic in my area (before COVID broke out) where they treat central sensitivity syndromes like Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue. It's a clinic of MDs and functional med doctors who specialize in patients who can get help in the traditional system.

This is the intro video they showed me when they explained that they take a holistic, whole body approach.

After seeing this video, I was shocked how similar it is to protracted benzo suffering. So, I wonder, are we all dealing with severe sensitization/Fibro/CFS?

If we follow a healing plan for those illnesses, would/could it benefit us?

Just a thought...  :thumbsup:

I'm not a doctor but it would seem to me that trying to pin this condition on some other nebulous, poorly understood medical condition when there are tens of thousands of people here who only experienced these symptoms after coming off of a benzo doesn't make much sense.

“Fibromyalgia” is just a word created to describe a constellation of symptoms that doctors don’t know the cause for. In fact, almost all psych diagnoses are created terminology for clusters of symptoms. We know what the cause is for our symptoms, it’s Benzos.

We can cross reference many of our symptoms with symptoms of a traumatic brain injury as well, but that doesn't mean we have a physical head injury.

I do believe that what we have is a form of a brain injury and I suspect that benzo damage probably also has some things in common with whatever causes fibro and chronic fatigue, but IMO trying to find an alternative diagnosis is just grasping for straws.

I also have symptoms of schizophrenia, ALS, dementia, Parkinson’s. Doesn’t mean I have these primary diagnoses. What we have is an iatrogenic chemical brain/cns injury. When the brain isn’t working, every symptom on this earth is possible.

“Fibromyalgia” is just a word created to describe a constellation of symptoms that doctors don’t know the cause for. In fact, almost all psych diagnoses are created terminology for clusters of symptoms. We know what the cause is for our symptoms, it’s Benzos.

Actually it is a neurological disorder as is ME/CFS.

There will be a massive rise in ME from Covid19:

https://journals.lww.com/neurotodayonline/blog/breakingnews/pages/post.aspx?PostID=920

Quite possibly but if from WD it tends to resolve eventually.

There is a paper about this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30037616

I had severe neurological version of ME prior to Benzos and a lot of my original symptoms have returned and got worse in withdrawal which is very worrying.

Thanks a lot for this source!  :thumbsup:

The final line sticks out to me: "The NO/ONOO(-) cycle may explain the nature of the protracted withdrawal syndrome and the related constellation of symptoms that are also common in other illnesses characterized as NO/ONOO(-) disorders such as myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia"

For everyone else, I'm not looking for another diagnosis or anything. I was thinking more along the lines of: if we followed a recovery protocol for Fibro or CFS, could it be beneficial? I've just been reading a lot about sensitization disorders recently and it reminded me of benzo WD.

There are many things I can do to make my protracted state worse (like eat MSG or exercise), so I'm just naturally curious (and hopeful) that there are some things that could help symptoms too. Laying down and napping is my go-to strategy, but it's not very practical in terms of improving overall quality of life.

For everyone else, I'm not looking for another diagnosis or anything. I was thinking more along the lines of: if we followed a recovery protocol for Fibro or CFS, could it be beneficial? I've just been reading a lot about sensitization disorders recently and it reminded me of benzo WD.

But what options really open up for you with one of these other diagnoses? I don't know that much about these other illnesses but it would seem to me that they are just about as mysterious as benzo wd and the treatment they use is generally psychoactive drugs.

There is tons of ongoing research in to them.

They are only ‘mysterious’ because a bunch of shrinks got involved in the 80s and managed to divert all the research and funding into their shit  theories.

New research into ME will end up curing loads of other disorders because ppl are having to learn about the body in completely new ways.