SIBO

[Tr...]

Nobody?

I just read today that 75% of people with IBS in fact have SIBO. You might want to do some research.

SIBO  can really ruin your health. Big time.

Sorry, I tried to reply the other day but the site or my connection wouldnt let me...

Yes, Im pretty sure SIBO is part of my problems.. The whole microbe picture is fascinating and I feel it has a much bigger role than many of us realise... Esp. for those of us that have “beyond Ashton” experiences...

Im finding it far more complex than just throwing down some probiotics, but thus far I have seen some good rewards, -and also I have had some big slaps when I get it wrong...

Im trying to take a very wholistic and broad approach, -as opposed to the ANTI-Biotic -then start again approach that some sites suggest...

The feedback cycle between existing microbes, brain, and diet wants, is becoming quite clear to me now, esp when looking back to after my long periods of intense antibiotics in hospital, and also all the high dose meds...

A journey of discovery for sure.. A very individual one I would guess..

Best wishes..

:)

Thanks Cantfly,

I completely agree with you.

Antibiotics are not the route to take. Herbal mixtures do the job too, but more slowly. With less side effects.

I'm having a look at my food intake again. My diet is already very restricted which makes it even more difficult. Skipping some foods, reintroducing others ( taking it very slowly).  IBS, Fibromyalgia, tapering;  they all require adding or illuminating foods for a while or forever.

Good luck.

Hi,

Do or did any of you have SIBO?  What was done about it and did it work? Thanks.

Hi,

I had SIBO, may still have but much better. I took berberine and I felt ok with it. There's good other tools such as Oregano oil, Coconut Oil and Pau D'arco. What ever you take go mega slow and build it up. Intermittent fasting really helps. I don't eat between 7pm - 11am. 16 hours is advised so the gut can clear.

I do a paleo/keto diet. Seems to help with a few things. It's worth drinking load of water if you take herbs and look at binders and detoxing as well as supporting your body.

There is a good antibiotic ........ can't remember what it's called but us Benzos should probably avoid those at the mo!

Good Luck

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. Glad you're feeling better.

Am going to do some more research on the berberine.

I can't go without food for that long, having Fibromyalgia, my bloodsugar levels are up and down too quickly.

But I have been taken a look at histamine rich foods, they play some kind of role in all of this as well.

Reducing or even skipping them for a month is said to be beneficial.

You're right about antibiotics, they 're not for us.

Stay save.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. Glad you're feeling better.

Am going to do some more research on the berberine.

I can't go without food for that long, having Fibromyalgia, my bloodsugar levels are up and down too quickly.

But I have been taken a look at histamine rich foods, they play some kind of role in all of this as well.

Reducing or even skipping them for a month is said to be beneficial.

You're right about antibiotics, they 're not for us.

Stay save.

A low histamine/fodmap diet would really help. I had trouble with blood sugar levels as well. I used to take a lunchbox everywhere! I'd eat every 2 hours. When I jumped it seemed to go! So I'm able to fast a little. Hopefully that will happen for you. I didn't think I'd be able to live without carbs but I've slowly cut out all of theme except for sweet potato. Everyone is different so what works for you may not work for me.

I know some people with SIBO don't tolerate probiotics. I couldn't.

Cheers,