NEED URGENT HELP NOW PLEASE

[Ru...]

Like everyone else, I have one disaster after another during this horrendous time.

I also have toothache and there are NO dentists practising in the UK now. NONE!!!! It is not their fault. The government has told them to stop.

I am in agony. I don't know if it is an infection but I do know that it has never been right since I had a crown fitted and I personally think I should have had a root canal instead.

Just over the last few days it has become unbearable. Totally and utterly impossible to live with.

Dentist suggested amoxycillin. I don't even know if I need antibiotics and I am SCRAED TO DEATH that if I get a reaction it will be the end of me.

I cannot tolerate any more suffering.

What the hell do I do. Dentists might not be available for a week. Then huge queues for dental work. I cannot pull it out myself as it has a crown on it. If it didn't I bloody well would.

All remedies are doing NOTHING!!!!!

Does the government even care about anyone with any other condition other than Clovid? What about other conditions?

Why haven't they given dentists masks?

This is literally my biggest nightmare. Pain, no sleep and no end in sight.

Please someone what should I do?

For the sake of our membership, all references to self-harm and/or harming others have been removed from this thread.

Please click on this link if you are thinking about suicide, self-harm, or harming others: Self-Harm/Ideation (Revised)

Hi Rubikscube.

If the ER nearby is seeing patients other than Covid patients, I’d go and ask for pain medication and whether they can test for infection. 

This is a tough time for everyone, no doubt about it. Those with less than life-threatening conditions are being put on the back burner. It’s the challenge of a lifetime.

The governments, doctors, dentists do all care, they are prioritizing life-threatening over non-life-threatening for now. They have to.

See if there’s anything in this that might help until you can be seen: https://www.healthline.com/health/dental-and-oral-health/home-remedies-for-toothache

Challis

Thank you Challis. I might have to go to A and E if it gets any worse. I broke my foot once and this is MUCH worse, and a 37 hour labour was easier.

How on earth can toothache be THIS bad?

I suppose I will have to go back on serious drugs (benzos, sleep meds and pain killers) until a dentist comes available.

Surely it cannot be too long?

Please God not too long.

If that bad go to A&E.

Also, probably won’t help, but clove oil is good anesthetic and antibacterial for tooth pain. It is is temporary fillings for that reason.

Do you really think A and E would treat me? I just don't think they would. I read that you have to have a facial injury to teeth, constant blood loss and things like that. Not excruciating tooth pain.

Also there are no dentists even in A and E. None. I asked. It is all so weird. How can there be literally no available dentists for the Uk. People have abscesses and infected teeth.

Rubik, I have come down with an infection that is not responding to antibiotics -- and now I will likely need urgent surgical intervention. It also means that I may need to get on a flight because my surgeon is located across the country. The timing couldn't be worse!

If you are experiencing tooth pain, it may be an infection. If I were you, I'd consider taking the antibiotics that your dentist recommended (as long as they are not the "flox" medications, ie. Cipro, etc.). Clove oil, oregano oil and coconut oil (google coconut pulling) may tide you over until you can see a dentist.

Hi Rubikscube, I am so sorry you're suffering so much. I just wanted to tell you that I am taking Amoxicillin right now for bronchitis and I know it's often given for dental issues too. I'm not having any issues with it so far, so you might want to consider an antibiotic until all this nightmare is over and you can also try a local anesthetic to apply to your tooth just so you're not in so much pain.All better than taking any opioids or benzos at this time and messing with you withdrawal.  I hope you feel better soon, sending you healing thoughts:)

[52...]
I just want to say that i had an excruciating toothache for almost two weeks, i paid thousands of dollars for high resolution x rays that showed nothing was wrong, it was actually severe nerve pain from bwd. One day it just disappeared and I've never had it since. I hope yours disappears too.

Thank you for all your kind messages. They mean so much to me at this time.

Restoration I am sorry you are in the same predicament. I can't believe that I was so close to going to the dentist in the week but because my dad is dying and Im looking after my child in lockdown I felt best to leave it a week or two. I obviously regret that enormously now.

I am taking benzos, sleep meds, and strong pain killers. I don't actually have the luxury of worrying about withdrawal or side effects. I'll have that to look forward to if I make it out of this.

All my life I try so hard to keep well and to maintain a positive state of mind. My whole life revolves around one medical/health fiasco to another. But this takes the biscuit! Dental pain and no one to help....it's like a horror movie.

I cant even sleep because the pain is worse than when standing up. My 14 year old daughter was calming me at 4am. THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING.

I will take the antibiotics. What choice do I have.

I realise this sounds defeatist but the pain is so bad I am going out of my mind.

Edit: content

• 4 weeks later...