So miserable

[an...]

This wave is taking me down. I have TERRIBLE vertigo, burning and tingling feet, insomnia, dp/dr, feels like a knife is slicing me in the lower back, fatigue, agitation, no ability to handle stress. I'm 14 months off. Please tell me it gets better.

Hi anydaynow,

I'm sorry you are having this wave.

It ALWAYS gets better, even though sometimes you need to just get past the next hour (or minute).  Eventually time passes and it will resolve.

Do anything you can to distract your mind.  I found that it's better to get up and move around a little rather then sitting and suffering.  It was hard to do but a shower usually helped me some.  It also always helped me to go outside and be with nature for a while.

Hi anydaynow,

I'm sorry you are having this wave.

It ALWAYS gets better, even though sometimes you need to just get past the next hour (or minute).  Eventually time passes and it will resolve.

Do anything you can to distract your mind.  I found that it's better to get up and move around a little rather then sitting and suffering.  It was hard to do but a shower usually helped me some.  It also always helped me to go outside and be with nature for a while.

Thank you. Here's hoping we all have better days ahead very soon!

Oh wow I remember 14 months off, that was one of my worst waves, I felt like death at 14 months off, and relate completely to everything you’re going through. I’m now 33 months off and can tell you it absolutely gets better, much better. Many people are healed by my stage, although I’m not quite there yet and still have a bit of fatigue, I’m light years better than I was at 14 months. Hang on, there’s nowhere to go from where you are now but up.

I had a brutal wave at around 14 months. The physical symptoms were pretty disabling, I could hardly walk. It felt like my muscles were squeezing me from the inside out. The severity actually sent me to the doctor for a plethora of tests, for many conditions.  The results were all negative so my doc and me decided it was all due to withdrawal. It took a little while to ease up but that was the last wave I ever had and my recovery soon followed.

You just never know when you'll turn a corner.  Listen to those who have traveled the path to recovery, it does happen. For me it took 16-17 months.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Oh wow I remember 14 months off, that was one of my worst waves, I felt like death at 14 months off, and relate completely to everything you’re going through. I’m now 33 months off and can tell you it absolutely gets better, much better. Many people are healed by my stage, although I’m not quite there yet and still have a bit of fatigue, I’m light years better than I was at 14 months. Hang on, there’s nowhere to go from where you are now but up.

Thank you 🙏. I'm terribly sensitive for sure so I'm sure that's not helping matters. I hope things continue to improve for you daily 💗

I had a brutal wave at around 14 months. The physical symptoms were pretty disabling, I could hardly walk. It felt like my muscles were squeezing me from the inside out. The severity actually sent me to the doctor for a plethora of tests, for many conditions.  The results were all negative so my doc and me decided it was all due to withdrawal. It took a little while to ease up but that was the last wave I ever had and my recovery soon followed.

You just never know when you'll turn a corner.  Listen to those who have traveled the path to recovery, it does happen. For me it took 16-17 months.

I was wrong, I'm 16 months off 😩

I did get overconfident and drink a few light beers last month and I've been a wreck ever since . I got SO tipsy and it hit me so quick. It was so weird. The next morning I was a complete mess. It felt like acute x 10. I feel like I have screwed everything up. 2 year taper down the drain. 😔

I was wrong, I'm 16 months off 😩

I did get overconfident and drink a few light beers last month and I've been a wreck ever since . I got SO tipsy and it hit me so quick. It was so weird. The next morning I was a complete mess. It felt like acute x 10. I feel like I have screwed everything up. 2 year taper down the drain. 😔

edit: fix quote box

Whether it's light or not, a beer is a beer and alcohol does target the same receptors in the brain and benzos.  I would bet this is the reason for the wave. Try not to beat yourself up over this but it may take a while for your system to recover.  You didn't screw anything up permanently, this is a blip. A very uncomfortable one, but it will pass.

PG  :smitten:

Yes. This DOES get better. I know it feels permanent. I sure thought it was and could not even imagine I would heal from benzo wd. But I sure did. It took me several years, perhaps related to how long I took benzos and in such enormous doses. Please, never give up. It is so worth the fight.

east

Yes. This DOES get better. I know it feels permanent. I sure thought it was and could not even imagine I would heal from benzo wd. But I sure did. It took me several years, perhaps related to how long I took benzos and in such enormous doses. Please, never give up. It is so worth the fight.

east

Thank you east! I needed this! Bless you  :smitten:

Thank you so much! I had a terrible night and I needed this! ❤