Really having difficult time new symptoms daily-night sweats; wierd headaches

[Vi...]

Hello,

I feel as though I have crashed.  I am reaching out here on BenzoBuddies almost daily as I develop more symptoms that are new to me.  I have been having night sweats so bad that I need to change my bedding.  Never had before until I began reaching the lower dosages.  Painful headaches as well that just last throughout the day  in spite  of tylenol and alleve.  Really tough time. Thinking I may need to go back to .25mg  as may have taper too quickly.  Any supportive guidance appreciated. 

Struggling

Vivica

Hi Vivica

Wd is hard.  As you know, the lower doses can be harder.  I’m not sure what your benzo is or how fast you tapered.  Or from what starting dose..  Can you clarify that?

I def had hot flashes from wd, chills all night long.  No it wasn’t menopause.  That’s long over.  It’s uncomfortable but it didn’t last.  I did what I could to cool down.  I accepted it. 

Headaches not helped by otc aids, then probably don’t take them.  They can sometimes aggravate, too.  Have you tried pressure point massage for that?  Squeeze your fleshy area between your thumb and pointer, hold that for a minute.  Repeat.  Take a break from bright screens. 

Foods can hurt or help, too.  I had to stop caffeine completely.  Sugar, gluten gave me many physical problems I never had before this. 

I’m still tapering clonazepam and at a pretty low dose now.  The 10% cut has been so much easier than the brave but unwise bigger cuts.  Slowing down at the end is frustrating, just want it over.  But, hang in and know you’re getting closer. 

Thanks Healing 64

I started a taper of Ativan.  From January 2020 until now I have gone from 4 mg per day to .125 per day. 

Hello Vivica,

That's a pretty fast taper overall so I'm not surprised you are feeling some strong withdrawal effects now.

Sweating is very common during withdrawal. Mine peaked right after I jumped off. Not only did I sweat a lot at night but it had a very metallic odor. The joys of withdrawal!

Perhaps you should slow down the last part of your taper to allow your body to adjust to all the changes, what do you think?

pianogirl  :smitten:

Hey. I'm totally off Xanax since January, and still having extended periods of crazy night sweats. We have to change the bedding regularly too. Then I get long windows when all is normal. I guess this will just keep happening for a while until it stops. Added stress, and monthly hormonal changes seem to be triggers, but it's hard to say for sure. Hang in there.

Hello,

I thank everyone who replies to my posts and those who read. As I taper into the smaller doses it has been pretty tough with many symptoms.  I probably have tapered to fast in the last month and will hold at .25 for a while before I decrease to .125.  I am looking forward to the day when I don't reach for the medicine. Tapering has made my depression a bit worse, but I guess that is par for the course.  Thanks again for the support...really appreciate it

Vivica