Feeling bad after 4 months tapering

[Ve...]

Started weaning in January 2020 1mg of Xanax to 20 mg valium. Was doing fine and ended Xanax in in march 2020. After experiencing a whole bunch of symptoms thought I was seeing a window. Been reduced to 14mg of valium 5 mg  at nite 4mg at noon and 5mg in the evening. Now starting anxiety all over

Hi Verbena,

Its great you're off of the Xanax, so it took you from January to March to cross from 1 mg of Xanax to 20 mgs of Valium and now you're at 14 mgs?  I'm not sure what your crossover looked like, can you help me understand why you're now at 14 mgs, this appears to be too fast of a taper. 

Pamster

Slow down verbana don't rush things you won't heal faster if you keep reducing dosage and simptomatic i cut from 7 to 6.5 3 months ago and i don't feel strong enough to move forward so iam holding for long as it takes as long as you don't have any tolerance issues just hold your dosage and wait thing to settle just dont updose hold hold hold things will get better

Good luck

Pamster will respond to you as soon as I get my info together. I need to change my minutes on how long I stay on before being kicked off🙄. Im someone confused as to my reduction. I was experiencing so much fatigue, weakness, dizzyness, brain fog, no motivation I was contributing it to the valium amt being to much. Had CT scan came back negative. My dr agreed and let me stop taking Xanax and reducing valium. The reduction may have been too much too fast. She’s been workinumore on making me feel less fatigued ad brain fog no’s on B 12 shots and vitamin D. Will get back to you. Thank you

Valium is very sedating, so that may have contributed to how you were feeling, but once your body gets used to it, you usually feel fine. 

Crossovers typically take a few weeks depending on the dose, not months, so I'll need to know a bit more about the time it took you to fully cross over.  But once crossed over, the reductions should be small and yours weren't.

I look forward to hearing more about your situation.