Desperately need help tapering or liquid titrating klonopin .25mg

[Co...]

In desperate need of help.

I just tapered from only 6 days on .25mg to .125mg for the last two days and I am having a lot of withdrawal symptoms (including only 2ish hours of sleep per night) at this dose. I think I am going too quickly maybe and desperately need help to plan a better taper or liquid titration. I have only been on Klonopin for 2.5 months but am VERY sensitive to withdrawal. Do I reinstate at .25mg and titrate from there? Or do I just try to suffer through this drop? I’m so scared and confused. My doctor and pharmacist had me tapering FASTER as I got lower, but from what I’m seeing on here that’s the opposite of what should be done. Can I reinstate at .25mg or is that like “kindling” after being lower for 2 days?

I’m interested in titrating instead of tapering, because the withdrawal and rebound insomnia have been INTENSE. Is there someone that can help me with this, or help me figure out a titration schedule?

Thank you so much!

Started klonopin: January 1st, .50mg

Upped dose to 1.0mg Feb 1st (approximately)

Tapered down to .75mg starting Feb.14th

Up dosed to 1mg for two days Feb. 20-21st

Back down to .75mg Feb 22nd

Tapered to .50mg Feb 28th

Tapered .375mg Mar. 12th

Tapered .25mg Mar 17th

Tapered .125mg Mar 24th

You can and probably should go back up in dose if your symptoms are too much for you, tapers should be symptom based, not based on an arbitrary timetable.  I wouldn't worry about kindling, its my understanding this theory is based on multiple withdrawals and multiple reinstatement's, not going up or down in dose during a taper.

You can use dry tirtation if it would be more comfortable for you, many weigh their pills using a jewelers scale, here is a video of how it's done.

Are you on Klonopin or Clonazepam, there are pharmaceutical liquid versions of some of these drugs, plus you can ask a compounding pharmacy to make you a solution.

Let us know what you'd like to do.

Hi,

I was on 0.25mg 3xdaily.  I was advised by a doctor that I could cut out one of my doses per day and be benzo=free in 3 weeks.

I know better.  Up to 20% is the recommended reduction to minimize withdrawal.  Available on this website are many links to the Ashton manual which is the bible of benzo reduction.

I am on liquid clonazepam.  My last reduction was from 0.25mg per dose, to 0.20mg per dose, 20%.  And I do notice a difference, I am having withdrawal.  But not the severe withdrawal, hell for 3 months,  I experienced cutting from 0.5mg to 0.25mg.

Although I've read not to updose, I think it is up to you.  To me, as long as you are consistently reducing, you are heading in the right direction.

Do you have liquid form?

Hi!

Thank you so much for your reply! No I do not have liquid form, do they have it at all pharmacy’s? How do you take it? Again, thank you for your reply!!!!

Hello, you can get the liquid form from a compounding pharmacy.  Try calling your pharmacy and ask them and they should be able to direct you.  I'll warn you it is more expensive, but, at least you're getting an accurate dose.  Hope I answered your question!  I'll check  back!!